Jillian Michel 30DS questions...

Options
I just did my first day of Jillian Michaels 30DS... How many days do I do the first level? 10? then 10 days of level 2 and 3? Or is it 30 days of each level? I am doing it on YouTube, so I have no guidance from the DVD. Any advice, will be appreciated! Also, I have bad knees :-( The lunges are killer on them! Will it get better? Has anyone had any experience with that?

Replies

• terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yep - 10 days for each level is how the video is meant to be done, although I know a lot of people have varied that based on their own ability or confidence with moving up a level.

I also have bad knees and, for me, it definitely got better! If my knees did start bothering me, I wouldn't get as deep into the lunges. But listen to your own body for sure so you don't get injured. I found that I had to pay more attention to how my knees felt in Level 2... some of the moves were a littl hard on them.

I have done the 30 DS twice now and really love it. I'm continuing to do Level 3 every day until I find a new workout to do... I'm thinking Ripped in 30 next!
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    10 days for each phase. It's gets easier then harder that way. I like the program. I like that it was simple and quick. I have a busy schedule so 20/30minutes a day for me is awesome! Good luck gal! If you need help along the way I'm here for you!
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try her 6 week 6 pack it's tough! More intense compared to this one!
  • MandyPhoe
    MandyPhoe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of Jillian Michaels 30DS... How many days do I do the first level? 10? then 10 days of level 2 and 3? Or is it 30 days of each level? I am doing it on YouTube, so I have no guidance from the DVD. Any advice, will be appreciated! Also, I have bad knees :-( The lunges are killer on them! Will it get better? Has anyone had any experience with that?

Ooo Ooo Me me me! I have horrible knees. It will get better. When you are starting off, go for the modified version and work your way up. So here is the breakdown.

Level 1
    Day 1>>> Day 10
    Level 2
    Day 11 >>> Day 21
    Level 3
    Day 22 >>> Day 33

Apparently you are advised do it back to back.... but I have taken a break between the 10 day transition, for the love of my knees.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for quick replies! I am headed to bed now and was hoping I would have something to read before I do :-) When my knees started to hurt I didn't just stop, I did something else. I want to keep moving, but I don 't want to injure myself. I am glad you said that your knees started to feel better, that is inspiring :-) I am excited to keep up with this!! When do you work in a rest day? Rest days are important, especially if you are doing the same thing every day..
  • jrue1985
    Options

Apparently you are advised do it back to back.... but I have taken a break between the 10 day transition, for the love of my knees.

NO BREAK?! That IS crazy. You should always take a break! I will probably do like you do, and take a rest day after each 10 day section :-)
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be 10 days of each level, however, when I did it, I did each level until I felt comfortable with it and it became easier, I took rest days (as my knees got very sore if I pushed too hard), and during the times my knees were hurting I would do alternative moves and/or not squat or bend them as deep.
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    I did it for 3 days the first of March and quit. My knees were killing me. My left one got better but my right one still hurts horribly some days, and part of the time I've started wearing a brace on it to help stabilize it. Before that I did an elliptical trainer with resistance and incline and I had re-started my running program. Since then I haven't been able to run. I tried it one time and was in horrible pain the next day. I can still do my elliptical and a stationary bike. I have to really take it easy with walking on the treadmill or I end up in pain. My advice is to put Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in a drawer and leave her there if you have any knee problems at all. There are plenty of other exercise programs and exercise machines that you can do that will give you great results without doing damage to your knees. I'm really frustrated over what happened to my exercise progress after just 3 days of her video!
  • jrue1985
    Options
    I did day 2 last night, and it was a little easier on my knees :-) I am going to keep at it, I hate giving up on something! I am sure that if I do the "modified" version of the moves that are hard on the knees for a few times, my knees will start to get used to it, and I will eventually be able to do the full moves :-D
  • arcurry1
    arcurry1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found that some of the modified moves (like push ups) on Level 1 were harder on the knees. Do those on your toes even if you have zero upper body strength and don't do as many.