Overweight and having 2nd baby!?

Options
Hey yall So I joined a couple weeks ago..saying that I gained almost 100lbs while pregnant. My daughter is 8 months old and I have lost only 32 lbs. I just found out today that I will be having baby #2! I am soo excited (I was an only child and I didnt want my little princess to be one too)! But I am also terrified of gaining more weight. I need some advice on getting this weight off before I get far into my pregnancy and avoiding gaining any weight.

Replies

• aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Someone has said that there is an option MFP has that when you tell it you're pregnant it automatically sets you up for 300 calories over maintenance which is what doctors generally say to eat while pregnant. I don't know where on the site the option is though! Since I'm a big girl, if I got pregnant again I would probably eat at maintenance but I'm not you. If you count your calories while pregnant you probably won't gain as much weight! Congrats on the new baby!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'd chat with a doctor. I don't believe it's recommended to lose weight while pregnant, only maintain. Don't do anything drastic!
  • SerenitySage_x3
    SerenitySage_x3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would consult with your doctor before making any decisions, just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure about losing weight, but you should be able to at least maintain weight while pregnant. & more importantly, congratulations! :D
  • danceaway100
    danceaway100 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Talk with your doctor, but I think losing weight is not the way to go. You're gonna want to maintain as long as possible. As the baby grows you should be gaining weight. You MUST talk to your doctor about the best way to handle this.
  • JoyBelle26
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats! I will ask my doctor, always want to be safe! The MFP is a good idea- I'm going to check that out right now!