5'3 258 lbs :(

Options
Hello everybody. I'm new here! I actually just created my profile. I hadn't noticed how bad my weight was, until yesterday when I saw the scale at my doctor's office. I hope to go from my current 258 to at least 150. If anyone has any tips I will greatly appreciated! Best of luck to you all!

Replies

• Scarlettbird50
    Scarlettbird50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you can do it! log in everyday, log your food, exercise as much as you can. feel free to add me for support.
  • leastar128
    Options
    You can do this!! I am 5'3 too and my goal is 150, I joined MFP last December and love it so far. Add me if you would like to support each other on this journey!
  • SandyRevolution
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. This is my first week here, but I lost and regained 122 pounds on Weight Watchers last year. I'm starting from scratch and I have a lot to lose, so I know how you feel. The best advice I can give you is to log everything you eat, drink a ton of water, don't beat yourself up if you have an off day, and try to start building up to whatever exercise program you're comfortable with. I work hard not to allow a diet plan to become my entire life. I only weigh in once a week and I try to track my food for the day all at one time so I don't obsess.

I wish you the best of luck. If you work this plan, you will definitely reach your goals!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Most of us here have been or are still in the same boat as you. Eat healthier and become more aware of your portions. Log in all your food and exercise and you will begin to see results. You can do this!!! I've been at it since Jan. 3 and have dropped 25 lbs. It isn't easy but it is possible!!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 as well. I was 216 after I gave birth to my second daughter (she's a year now). When I started trying to do something about my weight i was 203. I created a MFP account at 190.8 pounds. I have to say I wish I would of done this a long time ago. I log pretty much everything. The good and the bad. Sometimes I dont want to log the bad because I dont want to see the damage I did. I do it anyways though. It has kept me on track. I exercise 6 days a week. There are sooo many days when I dont wanna do it or eat right. I keep going though. You can do this. Its going to be a tough journey but dont give up because in the end it will be worth it!
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am 5' 3". I signed up for MFP in June of 2012, and started to seriously log in the beginning of July. My highest weight was around 235 lbs. So far, I've lost 61 lbs. My first major goal is 150 lbs, which I hope to be at by the end of June.

Feel free to friend me or to check out my diary. I log it all- the good, the bad, and the ugly. And trust me, there will be UGLY days. Just keep in mind that it's one day, and each day is a new opportunity to succeed.

Lots of water, lots of fresh veggies and fruits, lean proteins, and Greek yogurt has helped me be successful so far. Try your best to move more, even if it seems like small things- park far away from the supermarket entrance, take another lap when you're shopping at the mall, etc.

Congrats on your new commitment and hope to see you around! :drinker:
  • cashes52702
    cashes52702 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a broken record, but log every thing :) I just started about two weeks ago, and it really helps to remind you that you do have a limit and to just be aware of it. I started a Couch to 5K type of program two weeks ago as well, and completely gave up soda (which was NOT easy, Dr. Pepper and I have a special kind of love ;)). I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm already down a size. I don't expect to keep dropping weight this fast, but it's a nice mini milestone!

My biggest peice of advice- find someone to help hold you accountable. It's not necessarily their job to say "Put down the cupcake", but someone you can share your small victories with! I've tried this route so many times without telling anyone, because I didn't want them to see me fail. But now, my boss is doing the same running program as I am, and we'll go run together once in a while, or I'll come in and say "Hey! Check it out, my pants are getting loose!". We've made a pact to run our first 5K together in June, too! Having someone to talk to will really help!
  • fatgirlproblems1108
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Great advice from you all. You guys are too kind.
  • PiecesOfTheHeart
    PiecesOfTheHeart Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! I am 205 lbs and 5'3" also. We can do this together! :flowerforyou:
  • BethBeaman
    BethBeaman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are almost exactly where I started approx. 8 months ago. I am 5'3 & weighed 255 when I started. I log everything, watch my portions, & drink lots of water. I also bought an exercise bike that I try to use at least 5 days a week for 25 minutes. I started off a lot slower & built up.
    There's no secret to this weight loss thing........It's not easy but it's VERY much worth it! I have lost 54 pounds. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Feel free to add me for that extra push, if you'd like.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Friend me...i'd be glad to help...
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and in January I was at 260 (approx)...I am now down 40 something pounds and I am living proof that you can do it if your mind is made up, you start moving, & learn how to eat better...I wish you luck and hope to chat with u more as u move forward with this journey...just know that u didn't gain it overnight & it will come off like it came on.
  • anaduffy
    anaduffy Posts: 74
    Options
    I started in December I started at 267 lbs I didn't realize I had gotten that big until I stepped on a scale. I have always been heavy. My advice is to make sure you log everything even when you have a bad day which come less the longer you stick with it. I know you can do it just remember that you are not in this alone.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    'I spend most of my day with my son, because he is attached to me, and will not let me do anything.'

I read this from your profile, and I am SO with you there. My 16 month old feels like she's attached to my hip constantly!

Good for you for coming here to get motivated to make the change! You can do it!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and keep moving. You can do it!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I started in December I started at 267 lbs I didn't realize I had gotten that big until I stepped on a scale. I have always been heavy. My advice is to make sure you log everything even when you have a bad day which come less the longer you stick with it. I know you can do it just remember that you are not in this alone.

I agree with everything she has said. I started my journey in Sept.2012 I was 203. I'm 5'3.5-4 LOL. My goal weight is 140. Its been a roller coaster but its worth every minute. Sometimes it way not feel like it but it is. Just stay positive, keep trying. Don't get discouraged by no weight loss. Don't be scale dependent. Eat, eat, eat and log as much as you can whenever you can. Find a workout you will love and stick to it. I wish you the best of luck!
  • carlapope200
    carlapope200 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started too.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    5'1 here and am now at 235 from 266. I would love to be 170 but if I could get to 150 I would freak out! I just cant wait to take my sexy *kitten* in to victorias secret and buy something other than damn perfume!! Good luck to you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    Hello everybody. I'm new here! I actually just created my profile. I hadn't noticed how bad my weight was, until yesterday when I saw the scale at my doctor's office. I hope to go from my current 258 to at least 150. If anyone has any tips I will greatly appreciated! Best of luck to you all!

Hi! I'm 163cm (so around 5ft3/5ft4) and I weigh 229 pounds or 104kg. I've known for years how bad my weight was but my desire to lose it waxed and waned as did my motivation when I did start trying! I joined MFP a week ago and I feel COMMITTED! It's so easy to use and keeps me honest!! My goal weight is 65kg or 143 pounds. Add me as a friend if you like! :)
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My tip to you is no matter what, no matter how many times you fall off the wagon, just keep going keep trying keep at it. There are going to be a lot of setbacks in your road. Just keep going. You are going to do amazing.