what would you do? Help!

Options
I'm 5'2"-5'3"
133 lbs

Used to weigh 175, lost about 25 by eating healthier, portion control, and exercising (cardio-elliptical trainer) for about 30min only about 3x a week

From June of 2012 to Dec of 2012, I have been doing mostly cardio (elliptical 1hr-1hr 15 min) 5 to 6 days a week with some weight training once or twice a week for about 15-30 min) and managed to lose 20 pounds.

Since January I have not lost a single pound. In The middle of February I stepped up my weight training, usually 5 days a week (anywhere from 30 min to 1hour) with a routine of biceps, triceps, legs/abs, and repeat...
along with this, doing anywhere from 15-45min cardio (typically elliptical trainer but have recently started running on the treadmill.

As for my diet, the last month and a half I have really stepped it up by eating a more high protein diet. Eating a lot of lean meats (a lot of chicken breast), more greek yogurt, foods high in fiber, a lot of fruits (berries, oranges, and bananas) laying off the cheese, pasta, and breads --
I am usually in the range of 1100-1400 calories a day.

I currently don't drink any protein shakes but every once in awhile get a Muscle Milk for extra protein.

I don't get what gives? why can't I lose a single pound in almost 4 months? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You must be in awesome shape. Why do you think you need to lose more?
  • kschuldheisz
    Options
    Also, forgot to mention I do have one "eat out" day a week with my boyfriend.. usually boneless wings or Qdoba, sometimes end up getting a sandwich with fries or something along those lines

Also drinking from 100-170oz of water daily
  • kschuldheisz
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight but still have a lot of belly fat that is really depressing me. I can't stand not being able to wear nice fitting clothing and feel self-conscious when I sit down because it all bunches up and sticks out.

I have gained a lot of arm muscle (newbie gains as my bf says) ha.. which i've never really cared about but actually enjoy that i saw results from lifting but still have belly fat that i can't get rid of
  • slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have refocused and switched from primarily cardio to a more strength training based workout routine and you are upping your protein intake. You are probably just building muscle. Have you taken measurements?
  • kschuldheisz
    Options
    I haven't...

I basically just switched it up as I thought I had hit a plateu and just needed a different routine to lose more (instead of doing strictly all cardio)

Another reason I went with more weight training is just because I know it burns more calories in the end as your muscles continue to repair themselves. Some weeks I keep it pretty even, then other more than the other. etc. I'm just trying to keep it not the same.
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have you tried High Intensity Interval Training rather than steady state cardio? That helped me break out of a workout rut/weight plateau.