new here

Options
:flowerforyou: HI I'm Linda, I guess I am here because i have been trying to lose weight on my own.and well i am not doing very well!!! i am a emotional eater and in the last year got divorced and my dad died. So needless to say I have put on more weight than i have lost. any tips would be great. thank you

Replies

• PaulaBBrown
    Options
    HI Linda,

I understand about doing this alone. I've been running for the last 2 years by myself. I have run a couple of 1/2 marathons, a few races here and there. I really need to someone that says, c'mon lets go.

I run in the early morning these days because its so hot out. If you are interested and live in the Gilbert area, I would love to work out with you.

Paula
  • greerv72
    greerv72 Posts: 15
    Options
    You're on the right track! I am sorry to hear about your hardships. I lost my dad as well, although it's been over 5 years now since he passed. Still, I know the heartache it brings, and I am an emotional eater as well. This site has been great for keeping me motivated and on track, even when I want to overindulge. As far as tips go.. I would suggest creating realistic goals for yourself, with several "mini goals" along the way... Do your best to log the food you eat daily (after awhile it becomes an automatic thing), and track any exercise you get, even if it's light cleaning around the house. You will love this site, everyone is so supportive. Good luck to you, I know you'll do GREAT!! :)