Classify this exercise?

Options
In MFP terms, what would you liken this to for your exercise log?

Sitting on the floor, getting up, sitting on the floor, getting up..........

Replies

• helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Most things I generalize so like what you describe I'd probably do aerobics or if I'm doing different weights I put circuit training.

Of course, it is easier with an HRM because I can add my own exercise and have accurate burns.
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options

Hello,
    I didn't heard about this kind of exercise. It is a kind of a punishment in school. :)
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

i do the same thing. i call it exercise but my wife says its OCD.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Depends entierly on how fast you are doing it, how long you are sitting for, what you do when you get up... If, for instance, you are sitting on the floor watching TV and you get up to refill your glass of soda and grab another handful of chips, I wouldn't be logging it..
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call that exercise- that's just life! Being active all day long is critical, but I only track "real" exercise as extra calories burned, which I define as "something I didn't do when I wasn't trying to lose weight." I clean my house and walk around the city no matter what, so that's not exercise. A run or extra-long power walk or a fitness class = exercise!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Depends entierly on how fast you are doing it, how long you are sitting for, what you do when you get up... If, for instance, you are sitting on the floor watching TV and you get up to refill your glass of soda and grab another handful of chips, I wouldn't be logging it..

Well no. That isn't exercise. I mean it like exercise.