I am new to myfitnesspal & scared to do it alone

Options
I'm 21 years old, female & from Dublin, Ireland. I have very bad eating habits, in that I often over-eat & I would consider myself an emotional eater. I also just eat when I'm bored. On the whole I've a very active lifestyle & think that's one of the reasons I'm not terribly overweight.

I am carrying extra weight from about a year ago. I was quite depressed & isolated at the time & piled on the pounds. I was eating to feel some sort of comfort. Now I would like to get rid of that weight. It's about a stone (14lbs) in total, but my goal is to lose 16lbs.

I would appreciate being able to talk to anyone who is focused on trying to change life long habits & who maybe is finding the journey to be quite emotional. I know for me food has been the only constant in my life & has often provided solace when there's been nowhere else to find it. This lifestyle change is probably going to feel like a break-up. But I think it's about time I let go.

Replies

• Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    Hey there sweetie :)

Sounds like you're similar to me with your relationship with food! Feel free to add me and hopefully I can help support you. I'm 23 and from York in England :) xxx
  • noturningback91
    noturningback91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya, i'm 21 from England if you'd like to add me! x
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 21 and from cork boi! Add me of u want :)
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ditto.. add me i'm Ami from wiltshire England
  • moc2472
    moc2472 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there, I am michelle i'm 30 and i have two children and i have put on 7 stone egh!! i am now ready to do somethingabout it and i have started using my phone app and pc to help me through this. i think i am actually addicted to food or I have learbed to use it as a pick me up or coping mecanism like an alcoholic would i suppose. I am here and i am here and i am starting my journey too so add me xx good luck all xx:smile:
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Here to help! Feel free to add me.
  • athenakathleen
    athenakathleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm starting back with my health being a priority and we can do this together!!
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friends request hun, youre never alone on here :smile:
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • pixiee88
    pixiee88 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm a 24 year old female from Lincolnshire, England.
    I've been using MFP (successfully) for around a year, but I've just returned from a holiday and carrying a little extra weight after taking full advantage of the all-inclusive.
    Feel free to add me!
  • jonathanmhobson
    jonathanmhobson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there i'm new to all this too! You will get lots of support from everyone on here so the best of luck!
  • AbsyPernet
    AbsyPernet Posts: 145
    Options
    Hiya

Taking the first step to change is half the battle won, I am here everyday to support my friends, feel free to add me and I will cheer you on and I expect the same in return from you :D

Good luck in your journey and I wish you well.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    you can add me for support
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I felt the same when I joined MFP and after only 2 weeks I feel like MFP friends are more supportive than my catual friends and family! You can add me for support and so can anyone else :-)
  • irish_angel
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will find lots of support here and are NEVER ALONE. :)
  • wearugone
    wearugone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'd like to lose the 16lb I've piled on , I eat wen I'm cold , tired , bored upset .... in fact any emotion going , but think with enough support we can all do this ..... there is an honesty between us/all being in the same boat together
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, the support system on here is amazing. I find other people's journeys helpful and inspiring.
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I felt the same when I joined MFP and after only 2 weeks I feel like MFP friends are more supportive than my catual friends and family! You can add me for support and so can anyone else :-)

So true!!!

My family is on here, and they're my inactive friends. And my husband finally logged in the other day and then says, "I didn't realize you were so active on that site." Seriously?! Try using it!!!ha ha