Back pain

Options
I need advice. I started exercising again focusing on my lower body and I have killed my back. I haven't worked out in 4 days because my lower back hurts so much I am cranky. Any advice on how to protect my lower back and still focus on my lower body?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    What lower body workouts are you doing? How heavy? Is it just sore or does it feel injured. I definitely feel heavy deadlifts in my lower back for a day or two. If its more than soreness, see a doc, if not, keep at it. Perhaps lower your weight and really, really concentrate on form. Add in some concentrated core workouts that have back focused exercises.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would go and get it looked at by your doctor. The one thing about backs, is if you pull something and don't get it properly repaired or rested, it can create so many more major issues.

The back pain can be as small a pulled muscle or a slipped disk. Without proper diagnosis providing any input is putting you at risk.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I agree you should have it looked at. This comes from the guy who broke his back and neck both in motorcycle wrecks. I do my own stunts!!! lol.. In the meantime until you can get in, alternate between a heating pad and ice. Ibuprofen if your stomach can take it. And any light stretching you can tolerate will help. There are a whole host of websites devoted to this topic. Just Google it and Good Luck :)
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks I wasn't lifting so I don't think I tore anything, I just have very tight muscles and need to be stretching more and drinking more water. I have had more than one doctor and and a couple of massage therapist tell me I need more massages and more stretching. Just sucks because a week later and I am still hurting enough it is affecting my sleep. My heating pad is my best friend right now.