Scottish Guy Trying Insanity Today

Options
Hey all i am new to MFP just thought i would drop a line to say Hey and ask if anyone has tried insanity, ive let myself go over this past year and gained excess weight, for the people that have tried it do you think it is suitable for someone who is unfit as ive read allot of reviews from people that are super fit.

Thanks for reading this.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    do you currently do ANY exercise?

i wouldnt really recommend it if you dont do regular exercise to begin with.
  • chrissyhissey
    chrissyhissey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi i'v looked at insanity for ages just bought it & have done fit test & 3 other days. Its hard LOL but i just push myself as far as I can im 56 overweight (bout 14lbs) But referee 2 games every sunday. I thought i was pretty fit but atm have to keep stopping. Keep at it!!
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options
    Thanks for replying, i currently jog around 1.5 miles twice a week. Do you think this is enough or would you suggest something different.. I really want to get myself out of this rut and get fit.
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy , im planning on going at my own pace as ive heard the people in the video are machines. Do you have any tips?
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I say go for it, and do your best. It'll be very hard but you can go at your own pace and ease yourself into it. What's the worst that can happen eh? :happy:
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options
    My heart explodes out f my chest and i drown in my own sweat?????? Just kidding thanks Neil im going to try it.
  • xxowenscharxx
    xxowenscharxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im on day 5 today; I did hardly any exercise prior to starting this (just power-walking to work most mornings for 10-15mins) - you can definitely do it! The thing is, the people who work out on the DVDs get tired and puffed-out and have to stop to take breaks, and they are used to doing the beachbody work outs - just go at your own pace, stop when you need to (they are always telling you this) and you will build up really quickly! I am improving each and every day, and the workouts really set me up for the day ahead and make me feel good! Go for it, and let us know how you get on :)
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity last Monday and it is HARD and I really didn't work out much before I started it. You just have to pace yourself at times and push through but don't hurt yourself! Get good shoes! Drink TONS of water! Breathe! Ha!

Starting week 2 today...

Good luck!! It's a great workout!
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and good start on the insanity. Its my first day on the program, i have fit test today!
  • angeleyz4u
    Options
    I'm one month into Insanity, starting my recovery week this week. As Shaun T. says "It's get fit or get out" You should start off with the Fit Test, and if you have too hard of a time doing those exercises, the program may not be for you. It is very high cardio, but you are encouraged to monitor your heartrate and take breaks as needed. You have to push yourself. It's worth a try, but be mindful if you are on ANY medication or have any shoulder/hip/knee/back/etc. issue. I am seeing results one month into this program that I haven't seen when I was in half-marathon shape. I can just now get thru the warm-up without taking a break, and I'm a few more workouts from being able to do an entire workout without stopping. Next week starts the MAX month, so things are gonna get tougher....and so will I!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    just make sure you wear something under that kilt! :wink:
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options
    Thanks guys for the posts, im going to start it tonight. i will let you know how it goes if im able to type after it Ha! But seriously thanks for the support.
  • xxowenscharxx
    xxowenscharxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Haha!! Someone had to say it! ;)
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options

Haha!! Someone had to say it! ;)

Haha!!! that would be no fun!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, i currently jog around 1.5 miles twice a week. Do you think this is enough or would you suggest something different.. I really want to get myself out of this rut and get fit.

go for it then. just make sure you go at your own pace!
  • Kevinkpcc55
    Kevinkpcc55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ive just started the recovery week, (Week 5), im aged 50, and still going strong. Listen whats said on the programme and you cant go wrong, listen to your body and as Shaun T keeps saying check your heart rate and you should be fine once you get over the aches and pains of the first few days... Good luck
  • ScottishGuy88
    Options
    Ive just started the recovery week, (Week 5), im aged 50, and still going strong. Listen whats said on the programme and you cant go wrong, listen to your body and as Shaun T keeps saying check your heart rate and you should be fine once you get over the aches and pains of the first few days... Good luck

Thanks man. Same to you
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I also say go for it, but I would make sure that you push hard, but not too hard that you have bad form in the exercises. A lot of the workouts are very plyometric oriented and have a lot of jumping. Make sure to always land lightly and safely with good form or modify the exercise. It is a great workout but you wouldn't want an injury to put you out of commission right away!

(I say this because the first time I did Insanity, I had to stop 3 weeks in because of extreme lower back pain -- I wasn't doing powerjumps with good form and was just trying to keep up with the ppl on the video, which ended up hurting me later on.)