Today I felt BEAUTIFUL!!!

Options
I did, I really felt beautiful. I can not even tell you the last time that I really felt beautiful. I had to go to a 50th Anniversary celebration for my Great Aunt and Uncle, it was at a Country Club and it was formal. I went out shopping and managed to come up with an outfit that I loved and it was within my budget.
I went out today and got a much needed hair cut and put on makeup and got dressed (including a skirt and high heels). My husband and almost four year old were shocked to see me looking so good. My husband said that I looked "Hot" and my daughter said "Mommy you look so beautiful". Already I felt like a princess. The biggest surprise was when I looked in the mirror, I saw it too.
I arrived feeling good about myself and as the evening went on I felt better and better. My Grandma who doesn't say much said that I looked fantastic and people that I hadn't seen since before I began to lose weight were shocked. I had so many people come up and tell me that I have never looked better and that I was glowing.
It was a huge ego boost and it will help me push forward and keep working towards my goal.

Thanks for reading this, It was a great day!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Great story and good for you! 91 lbs - WOW, WOW, WOW! Congratulations! Looks like you are almost at your goal! Inspriring to me who only recently started. Thanks for sharing.
  • teajames
    teajames Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...Thanks for the hope?
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    awesome!! You look amazing, and actually feeling beautiful is the best feeling in the world!!! We just celebrated our anniversary last week, and I even though I am down 9lbs, I felt just like you, beautiful!! I wore a dress, did my hair curly and beautiful, and I just felt amazing!! Cheers to gaining higher self esteems!!! :)
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow, your story alone was making me get all teary-eyed and then I scrolled down and saw how much weight you've lost! congratulation! you're so close to your goal, we all know you can do it.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!!! Own it and continue on your journey!!!! I am so happy for you and your success!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You look great and have an accomplishment to be proud of :-) What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
  • jtamok
    jtamok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you!
    Such a wonderful story =)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thank-you for your story!!! What an encouragement!!! I was reading the story and curious to how much you had lost already and then I scrolled down!!! 91 lbs....Way to Go!!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Why don't you post your pics, we all would love to see you looking so beautiful! :drinker:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I did, I really felt beautiful. I can not even tell you the last time that I really felt beautiful. I had to go to a 50th Anniversary celebration for my Great Aunt and Uncle, it was at a Country Club and it was formal. I went out shopping and managed to come up with an outfit that I loved and it was within my budget.
    I went out today and got a much needed hair cut and put on makeup and got dressed (including a skirt and high heels). My husband and almost four year old were shocked to see me looking so good. My husband said that I looked "Hot" and my daughter said "Mommy you look so beautiful". Already I felt like a princess. The biggest surprise was when I looked in the mirror, I saw it too.
    I arrived feeling good about myself and as the evening went on I felt better and better. My Grandma who doesn't say much said that I looked fantastic and people that I hadn't seen since before I began to lose weight were shocked. I had so many people come up and tell me that I have never looked better and that I was glowing.
    It was a huge ego boost and it will help me push forward and keep working towards my goal.

Thanks for reading this, It was a great day!

I would have loved to have seen the faces of those that hadn't seen you since before you began to lose weight - they must have been a picture :laugh:

Totally inspiring story! It also goes to show that how somebody feels inside, also displays on the outside and what a reaction you had!

Congratulations on your mammoth weight loss!!
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    That is so inspiring! Way to go!!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I was asked about pics, my profile pic was taken before we left for the anniversary. I am having trouble adding pics to posts.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: :bigsmile: There is nothing like the moment your realize you are a beautiful woman! I mean.......you were ALWAYS beautiful, but did not feel that way. For me it was about what I had done for myself............and how hard I worked.

I really did have tears in my eyes when you said "I looked in the mirror and saw it myself!" Hugs and Kisses!!:smooched:

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I was asked about pics, my profile pic was taken before we left for the anniversary. I am having trouble adding pics to posts.

662121_6183_thumb.jpg
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job. I'm so happy that you had a beautiful day... and hopefully all of your days are similiar.