Cholesterol - 300 mg a day????

Options
My nutrition values suggests I should have 46 mg of fat, but 300 mg of cholesterol. I put in what I plan to eat today and I'm a bit off here and there, but 300 mg of cholesterol? I'm sure we need some cholesterol in our diets, but how does a person get there without eating more fat?

Replies

• hannahsearle
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that cholesterol is foods contributed to your cholesterol; hence why eggs and seafood is no longer considered bad for you (watch fat head on YouTube for HEAPS of info like this). Also we all need cholesterol, so it may not even be in your est interest to keep your low. I wouldnt worry too much about cholesterol in your diary. However, if your fats is coming from mostly seeds/nuts/veggies/oils then there shouldn't be an issue with excess cholesterol in your diary
  • thadeous
    thadeous Posts: 7
    Options
    That's a maximum limit, not a minimum one. Also it's just a suggestion of course, and as mgnetto said, probably not a very good one based on everything we've learned about dietary cholesterol in the past 40 years.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I can't keep mine under somehow, but I eat a lot of eggs.