DRY JULY

Options
I am planning on giving up alcohol for the month of July. I realise there is still a few weeks until then but thought I would put this thread up to see if there is any interest from others (and to give them time to get used to the idea or whatever :P) Just a little motivational group for support.

I did it in February and felt great afterwards. Feel like it's time again!

Who is in?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    wow, distinct lack of enthusiasm here :P

Well I found out there is actually a fundraiser for adults with cancer for dryjuly so I have signed up for this. If you would like to sponsor me and donate to a worthy cause (tax deductible also) then please follow this link.

http://www.dryjuly.com/profiles/chrisdavey

If you want to participate go to http://www.dryjuly.com/signup/default.aspx
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    Wow I would have thought more would go for this idea too. I'd join you but I rarely drink anyway and probably go that long without alcohol without doing it on purpose.

Good luck seeing as July is right around the corner!
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    I could use going with alochol!

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I am definitely in! Alcohol is high in calories and I am trying to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I am glad you thought of it.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Made it through first weekend with a day at the races, watching world cup games and UFC. All good :)

Raised $101 so far as well!
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im in! (starting yesterday, July 3)
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been dry since Easter!! not that i drank a lot anyhow (about 2/3 drinks a week) but now I don't drink at all and some of my friends are supportive others are not! they keep on asking are you pregnant (nope well I hope not!) but that's not why I'm posting, Just thought i'd ask what your fav non alcoholic drink is? mine at the moment is cranberry juice with orange juice with a dash of diet lemonade with loads of ice and a slice of lemon I find it lovely and refreshing and it looks like a cocktail so i don't feel left out on a girls night out!!!
  • cameralikeagun
    Options
    I'm gonna def. give it a shot. I had a pretty nasty drunken experience last week anyway, so the sight of alcohol is still making me sick, lol.
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im in...I've had a dry June too...Lets see if I can keep it up! I do love my glass of wine!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Still going strong here.

Got a weekend away with a big group of friends this weekend so that could be tough. I will be good though :)

Then next weekend is the party at my house.

Then all done. Too easy :P
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my trip to NY proved to be a drinking fest. I will be good until the 23rd... our 6 month wedding anniversary. I will stick to wine then too I bet... I failed this month. But at least I am not drinking casually, just for/at specific occasions. :-/ DRY AUGUST FOR SURE! I have nothing going on then, :)