Options

Replies

• ashleyngill
    Options
    Bump
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great post! I just got a Nutribullet today and am looking forward to using it!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about juicing (or least trying it) so thank you for the post. Gained a lot of information and insight! :flowerforyou:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    www.myphytos.com

A website that allows you to calculate the calories and nutrients of a homemade juice. Then if you want to, you can create a new food and enter in the calories. Hope that helps!

Thank you! Cuase 71 for what I just did doesnt' seem right!! I have a nutribullet.. so there is no pulp or anything spit out.. it's all in the juice. Does that make a difference?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    How does pulverizing these foods into a liquid make them anymore beneficial than eating them whole?
    They are easier to digest and you eat the entire fruit instead of just parts of it.. including the seeds and many of the peels. Plus by drinking them you eat a lot more of them then you would if you had to chew them up. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies as is, but adding in juice is going to double how many I eat.

I have 10 pound to lose in a month.. I can do it :)
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How often can you do a juice fast? I did a 2-day juice fast in February, and really enjoyed the benefits you mention of "resetting" my eating habits and cravings. I also lost a few pounds and have kept them off since.

I'm planning on repeating the same 2-day juice fast on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Curious to know how often you fast and if you've heard of a good rule of thumb for frequency.
    Joe Cross from Reboot with Joe does a 7-10 day juice fast quarterly and that is also my plan. :drinker:
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    How does pulverizing these foods into a liquid make them anymore beneficial than eating them whole?
    It would be difficult to eat the amount of foods that go into a juice. The juice allows for a nutrient rich dose of vitamins and minerals that is easily digested.

For example,my juice today was 16 ounces, 182 calories, and consisted of the following:
    1 head of romaine
    a handful of cilantro
    2 Persian cucumbers
    1/4 lime
    1 poblano pepper
    1 large apple

It would have been very difficult for me to eat all of that but it was pretty easy for me to drink the juice with my lunch.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mysti77
    mysti77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This for this post :)
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great info, thanks for posting this.
  • kosuski
    kosuski Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    *Bump* Thanks!!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Annsterbird
    Annsterbird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!! I've got a juicer but staying motivated to only drink juice is very hard for me. After reading all the comments I think I am going to get back into it :) and I feel a bit informed, which I needed too.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this is great information.

About how many calories are you taking in on your fasts? What about after your 10 day fast what do you do to make sure you don't put the weight right back on?
  • K_armfield
    K_armfield Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annmolly90
    Options
    Hello
    I have just started the Juice Master recipes but using 2 juices a day plus 1 meal. I see the database has some of the juice master recipes already added but how do I work out the nut.val. of ones that are not already calculated. can you help at all
  • kenyajae
    kenyajae Posts: 48
    Options
    bump
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've juice-fasted for as long as 19 days, and in my experience, the first few days are difficult, but after that, your digestion goes to sleep and you stop feeling hungry and actually feel quite great. If you partially fast each day, by adding in a dinner, you will be torturing yourself I think. And boy, food tastes amazing after a fast. If you're gonna do it, do it!