Exercise shorts

Options
Ive been looking for shorts to work out in, but all i can find are tight fitting ones. Can anyone help me find baggy shorts, preferably with a pocket
and thats in the UK

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Have you looked in the men's section in the shops? You can always wear tight ones under loose ones. Most men's departments have loose-fitting shorts with elastic waists for basketball, etc.

Other than that, it seems most women's shorts are tailored or tight. Unless you go to the plus size shops.
  • carlydalton1995
    Options
    I have, but they all seem to have that netting. I may have to invest in some sort of basketball shorts, but they dont have a pocket
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I take it you want shorts that are longer than running shorts. I have these (I'm in Canada), but I see they are available in the UK as well. I wear them for walking in the summer and prefer capris for the gym, but they attractive and stretchy. THe only draw back is that the waist may be too loose for the gym.

http://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/Women's-Back-Beauty™-Long-Sport-Short/AL4609,en_GB,pd.html
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    these are perfect :D

do they have some in lighter colors?
    I only see black or gray as options.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs from the exercise-clothes section of Target. I also have a few pairs that are actually sweatpants that I cut short. And I have some old pajama bottom shorts that are now demoted to being workout clothes. All baggy and stretchy and comfy.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Do you have a SportDirect.com near you, they have quite a large range of everything and generally reasonable price

JC
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    Walmart too. Especially in the section of the store that's more for mature women. There are a lot of longer, looser, cotton shorts.
  • thebzax
    thebzax Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We don't have Target or Walmart in the UK. Try the Very website, they have quite a good selection of workout gear. Or the JJB website have lots of baggy, longer shorts.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    We don't have Target or Walmart in the UK. Try the Very website, they have quite a good selection of workout gear. Or the JJB website have lots of baggy, longer shorts.

http://www.jjbsports.com/Fitness-and-Exercise-Equipment/Fitness-Clothing/Ladies-Fitness/Ladies-Workout-Pants-and-Shorts
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    Internet! Or similar type places. The point is, don't limit yourself to only looking at things labeled as exercise clothes. Often, you can find perfectly suitable items in other departments.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    And, back to the mens' shorts. I have a few board shorts made for men, and I just cut the netting out of them, and wear tight shorts under them instead..
  • carlydalton1995
    Options
    Yeah i do, but all the shorts dont have pockets :(
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    I wear the danskin brand shorts and love them! I wear them over danskin tighter fitting/running shorts too since those help prevent chafing. I get them all at walmart and their very reasonably priced. :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    A pet peeve of mine is that most women's workout pants and shorts have no pockets!:grumble:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I have, but they all seem to have that netting. I may have to invest in some sort of basketball shorts, but they dont have a pocket

Just cut the netting (a.k.a "boulder holder") out.
    Recently bought some New Balance running shorts from SportsDirect - they also have a small pocket for keys or change.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    how "longer" are you looking for? i think standard are 2.5" all the way up to 5".
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You could try these on for me.

smerfshorts_zps3646b3be.jpg
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Oh come on! I love the shorts riding up the inside of my thighs... it's so cute at the gym:embarassed:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
    You could try these on for me.

smerfshorts_zps3646b3be.jpg

I will...but still no pocket. You fail.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Yeah i do, but all the shorts dont have pockets :(

carlydalton,

Make a small pouch pocket, and stitch it to the inside of the waistband. All you need is a needle and thread, and a small piece of fabric...doesn't even need to match, it will hang inside the waist. You just need something for a key, or a credit card, right? If it's for a cell phone, you don't want that in a pocket anyway. It would take all of half an hour.

A key can go on your shoe lace. A credit card or drivers license can go in your sock. If it's for a music player or cell phone, buy an armband made for that purpose at any electronics store.