What are your tricks to get back on track?

Options
Slip once, then again... Lately I have been making bad choices more and more often. I'm not sure what is that. Loosing focus or loosing motivation...
So, now I'm trying to get back on track again. I have recet my ticker, planned my meals yesterday, prepared them from yesterday, worked out early in the morning. This should help me stay on track...

Do you have any "tricks" or routines to go back without loosing determination?

Replies

• NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Head to the gym first thing in the morning. It gives me great confidence when regular people say "Hey, Where you been?" and then I have to tell them the truth. They motivate me to get back on track.

Also, Logging in here. Others can see my diary and they give me great tips as well.
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same here for me....just keep on pushing yourself
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If I screw up at mealtime I punish myself at the gym.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Try habitforge.com. It sends you an email everyday with reminders. I asks you whatever you set it up for. Like I have mine so it will ask me if i excercised yesterday. It kind of that tedious reminder.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Try habitforge.com. It sends you an email everyday with reminders. I asks you whatever you set it up for. Like I have mine so it will ask me if i excercised yesterday. It kind of that tedious reminder.
  • HippyGalore
    HippyGalore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I keep a sort of weekly star chart on my wall to show the variety of exercise I do and when. It makes me more motivated towards to end of a bad week to pick up the pace (I don't want a rubbish little 3 star week to look back on). It also shows me, of the 5 sports I do, which I might be neglecting - so three weeks without a blue star would force me to the swimming pool for example.

I also reward myself with 20 new workout iPod songs for every 20 gym or running stars, this keeps my music kind of fresh.

I can't really think what the food equivalent is, maybe having a "snack budget" and putting the money you don't spend in a jar for a new watch or something?
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I keep a sort of weekly star chart on my wall to show the variety of exercise I do and when. It makes me more motivated towards to end of a bad week to pick up the pace (I don't want a rubbish little 3 star week to look back on). It also shows me, of the 5 sports I do, which I might be neglecting - so three weeks without a blue star would force me to the swimming pool for example.

I also reward myself with 20 new workout iPod songs for every 20 gym or running stars, this keeps my music kind of fresh.

I can't really think what the food equivalent is, maybe having a "snack budget" and putting the money you don't spend in a jar for a new watch or something?

Wow those are really good ideas!! I have been having a few bad weeks just recently and these are really motivational ways to get back into the swing of things! :) Especially the money saving bit as I've got a wedding to save for! :)

Thanks for the advice!
    -x-x-
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options

Awesome tips!

Thank you everyone for posting! I won't swing back again!:flowerforyou:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple, you really have to want it.

For me,

#1 above all I want to be healthy/fit/able to keep up with anyone
    #2 I like the fact that at 33 and 2 kids later I can compete with any 20 year old in a bikini
    #3 My husband can't keep his hands off of me
    #4 I like being the 'hot mom' in my kids' class (vain but it is a nice boost)
    #5 I absolutely love weight training and get a major boost seeing how much I can push myself

We can all make excuses why we can't lose weight, having kids had a toll on our bodies, we still want to eat yummy foods, etc., but if you don't WANT it, it will never happen.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    bump