Runners...Nike Lunarglide Shoes?

Options
I just bought new running shoes today. I went from Saucony Progrid Omni 9s to Nike Lunarglide 4+. I decided to try them out on my treadmill and I'm not sure I like them. I'm feeling aches and pains in my legs that I never felt with my Sauconys. So I'm looking for any opinions from people who have the Nikes and your experience with them. I'm waiting until I go on my run on tuesday before I fully decide if I should keep them or not.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I only ever had Nike running shoes once and I remember not liking them. This was years ago in high school, but I am commenting in hopes that you will get more responses!!!
  • McSpike
    McSpike Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on your feet and gait pattern. Lunarglide's are designed for neutral runners that pronate slightly. They are a good all-around shoe, but if you over-pronate or supinate, they are not meant for you.

Google "finding the right running shoes for me" and you will find loads of information on this topic. Runner's World is a great place to start.

Good luck!
  • MissHamhead
    Options
    I loved my Nike Pegasus 29, but felt they fell apart sooner than usual, I switched to Brooks Pureflow 2 and LOVE them!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Did you go to the runner store near you? I know that's where I got mine and I hated them, but if you tell them, they are really good about helping out.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have bad feet and bad knees so running is out for me. But I do a lot of walking and I NEED comfortable shoes! Nike does not work for me. Saucony are okay. New Balance are pretty good. But I just got myself a pair of Reebok Zigtechs and I have to say...these are the best feeling shoes I've ever worn! Don't know how they are for running but for wearing to work and around the house, they are GREAT! Just my opinion though!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I was told that I supinate slightly. So if the Nikes aren't good for supination, I wonder why they were recommended?? Yes I went to Fleet Feet to get analyzed, etc. I may be taking these back because I don't want the wrong shoes interrupting my training.
  • nauticaboo
    nauticaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you supinate, then the LunarGlides aren't for you. I overpronate, and I wear LunarGlides and Lunar Eclipses. You can Google which shoes are good for different gait types.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i think i have those. cant walk in them but running is a glide. pretty weird haha
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never recommend Nike as a running shoe. As far as style goes they are the best out there, but for the aspects that actually matter Nike is one of the worst out there for running in my opinion.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    I never recommend Nike as a running shoe. As far as style goes they are the best out there, but for the aspects that actually matter Nike is one of the worst out there for running in my opinion.

I wonder why they recommended them for me then? It was between those and 2 different pair of Brooks. I was questioning the while Nike thing...guess my instincts were right. :(
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I run half marathons in mine and have not had any issues. I am about to purchase my third pair. I've tried other brands, but Nike is the only brand that actually fit my feet.
    I was fitted to these by a running store.
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    Are you sure they didn't say you supinate at the start of your stride, then overpronate? If you truly supinate all the way through your stride (which is very rare), then neither the Omni or the Lunarglide is the right shoe for you. Make them show you the video. Does your ankle lean in? Does your toe roll towards the inside? Are you striking hard on the outside of your heel?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Are you sure they didn't say you supinate at the start of your stride, then overpronate? If you truly supinate all the way through your stride (which is very rare), then neither the Omni or the Lunarglide is the right shoe for you. Make them show you the video. Does your ankle lean in? Does your toe roll towards the inside? Are you striking hard on the outside of your heel?

She didn't say. She said that what she was watching for when I ran in them was that the back of the shoe matched up with my achilles tendon and these did. I'm going to try them out during my run tomorrow and decide from there. Luckily I can take them back and get reevaluated and different shoes if I need.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I haven't run in Nikes before but I got terrible aches in my knees, shins and hips from running in the wrong shoes. I would return them if I were you and get something that doesn't cause you pain.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nike girl! But I where Nike Free. Tried other brands but always go back to Nike. If you were fitted for the Lunar Glide and they don't feel good-take them back-listen to your body.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I've never liked Nike's over the years. I prefer Brooks, Asics, and New Balance. I've got some Brooks right now and they're great. It's all about your own feet, though, and how well the dude at the running store knows his job. Hopefully you went to an actual running store and not Kohls or something like that.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on your feet and gait pattern. Lunarglide's are designed for neutral runners that pronate slightly. They are a good all-around shoe, but if you over-pronate or supinate, they are not meant for you.

Google "finding the right running shoes for me" and you will find loads of information on this topic. Runner's World is a great place to start.

Good luck!

listen to this guy.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I run in Nikes exclusively. I was going to buy the lunar glide 4 but opted instead for the Vomero 7's.

Were you recommended the lunar glides after a gait analysis? Running shoes are very much a personal choice, but a correct analysis will go a very long way to making sure you have the ones that are right for your own gait and needs.

I have nothing but good things to say about the vomeros, and I selected these after a gait analysis.

I'd urge you to email nike and explain what you don't like about them. They DO LISTEN and will engage you in dialogue.

People have no idea that nike is actually a runners brand first and foremost.
  • DennyHodge
    DennyHodge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ran through 4 pairs of LunarGlide 3's but was disappointed (at first) with the 4's. I had the same issues and I almost gave up on them. But... once I got them broken in properly, I love them and will be buying a bunch to keep on reserve since I go through them so quickly.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    I've never liked Nike's over the years. I prefer Brooks, Asics, and New Balance. I've got some Brooks right now and they're great. It's all about your own feet, though, and how well the dude at the running store knows his job. Hopefully you went to an actual running store and not Kohls or something like that.

Yes, I went to Fleet Feet and went through the whole gait analysis process. She recommended this pair of Nike's and 2 pairs of Brooks. These felt the best to me until I went on the treadmill last night. That's why I want to try them outside before I make a final decision to return them. I verified with the store that even if I go for a run with them, I can return them and they'll re-analyze things. I never needed any kind of "break in" period with my Saucony's, so I'm going to gravitate towards those I think.