Hello there?

Options
First of all, I'll introduce myself. I'm female, I live in Belgium, I'm 18 years old and I'm a med student. I'm not really comfortable using my real name here, so if you don't mind, call me Laura. Well this is a big step for me, I've always needed to lose weight but I was always kind of afraid to tell people, I was ashamed of it, so after a while I gave up. Now however, I decided that I should stop being ashamed, because this is after all my health we're talking about, and there's nothing strange about wanting to be healthy, so I decided to make a profile. I need to lose about 45 lbs, and it seems impossible to me, but I'll take it slowly and be happy with each lbs that I lose. I'm looking for some people who wouldn't mind adding me, so we can occasionally talk or just exchange tips or just be there a bit for each other, since losing weight alone is no fun at all, and it's much easier to give up.

Replies

• Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello: I am trying to lose 25-30 pounds of wheat belly. I have early stage Crohn's disease and have recently decided to try going gluten free after reading "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, MD. I have lose some weight and also am happy that I consulted with a Dietitican who is helping me lose more weight. If you have thoughts on things that helped you on your weight loss path, please feel free to share. I live in Canada.
  • chubbycatlady
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello: I am trying to lose 25-30 pounds of wheat belly. I have early stage Crohn's disease and have recently decided to try going gluten free after reading "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, MD. I have lose some weight and also am happy that I consulted with a Dietitican who is helping me lose more weight. If you have thoughts on things that helped you on your weight loss path, please feel free to share. I live in Canada.

Hello there :)
    Isn't it really difficult to avoid gluten at all? It seems a bit impossible to me, you can find it in a lot of products after all, but wow, that is some determination alright. I haven't really lost any weight yet (just made this account today in fact) but I'll try going to Weightwatchers, see if it can help me along a bit, also it's a bit of a commitment, like a dietitian, so it's less likely you'll give up. If I have any more tips, I'll be sure to share.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, I'm Sophie and I'm from England. My starting weight was 191lbs and I'm currently 179lbs. I'm looking to be anywhere between 125 and 130, but it depends how I feel when I get there. I'm just taking it all one step at a time!
    I'm always looking to meet new people here and I hope we can motivate each other.
    It's always tempting to give up but always remember the amazing feeling when the scale shows you a few pounds less :)
  • chubbycatlady
    Options
    Hi Laura, I'm Sophie and I'm from England. My starting weight was 191lbs and I'm currently 179lbs. I'm looking to be anywhere between 125 and 130, but it depends how I feel when I get there. I'm just taking it all one step at a time!
    I'm always looking to meet new people here and I hope we can motivate each other.
    It's always tempting to give up but always remember the amazing feeling when the scale shows you a few pounds less :)
    Hi Sophie :)
    I hope we can motivate each other too, it's always better to try and lose weight when there are people to motivate you. I've always tried dieting alone, and I was always tempted to give up, and I always did in the end, I hope I can change that now. You're doing well, I hope I can see that scale can show me a few pounds less in some time too!
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    To those interested in a gluten free diet approach, I started this link last November when I
    signed up with MFP. If you are interested in contributing and continuing this thread please
    friend me!
    All input will be acknowledged and it is very good to know that we are not alone.
    What works for you....please share.
    Working towards my goal....hope you continue towards yours too!