Starting over... 100 pounds to lose!

Options
Hi,

I am a 19 year old female and need to lose 100 pounds. Not so sure on how this site works - getting there slowly but surely!

I have been using MFP on my phone but today I decided to use the website and stay motivated by receiving encouragement and support from others. I have been on so many different diets - all with different outcomes. However, I want to lose the weight this time! I really dont want to give up and keep on eating junk food and stay at home watching tv all day long.
Going to the gym is the only exercise I really get and I'm not much of a cook so any tips will be great!

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• GTS53
    GTS53 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm with you all the way! You have my support, however, remember that you have to go to the root of the problem of why you got this far - 100 pounds to lose. I did...with some help and I hope to keep my weight down for the rest of my life. One good thing you should try is follow relaxation techniques for losing weight ( on You Tube).. It helps you relax and think about the reasons you over-eat. It did and still is doing wonders for me!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 231 and am aiming for 142 not quiet 100 but I am a hard *kitten* and I will not baby you I expect the same so add me if you like. BTW I lost 4 lbs at my 1 week weigh in this morning and that is normal and ok :D I did not know that and I asked....make sure to ask ask ask lol Dont belive everything you read I thought I was gonna die from losing too fast YOU GOT THIS!!! You can do this!
  • projectthin1
    Options
    thank you for replying :)
    I have always been an overweight child, however as the years passed it just got worse and out of control! I will try the relaxation techniques :)
    2FatToRun - well done on the weight loss!
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too am starting over. I have exactly 100 lbs to loose myself.
  • shananigans_007
    Options
    Welcome! I also have about 100 pounds to lose. So far I've lost 21 pounds with a lot of help from this website. I'm also looking for support and a community of others who are working towards a similar goal. Feel free to add me!
  • jade1989mummy
    Options
    Hi hun I need to lose about 80 piunds for my wedding in dec 13
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Read the threads here for motivation and information but do it on your phone while you're walking. Or lifting dumbells.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You totally can do this!! There's really no reason to limit yourself to only execising at the gym. Get up off the couch and do things like push-ups, sit-ups, punches, etc during commercials. Or just get out of the house and go for a walk. Not sure why you're just sitting around all day - but if you can, either find a part time job or someplace to volunteer to take up some time in your day. The reason I say this is that I truly believe being bored can bring on as bad of an emotional eating reaction as being stressed. If you keep yourself occupied, you'll very likely be less inclined to eat as much.

As far as cooking goes, just buck up and start trying things. Try a website like skinnytaste.com or hungry girl or emilybites, they all have healthy meals that are mostly simple to make.

Above all, the biggest thing to remember is this is for life. Don't be in a huge rush to lose the weight instantly because that's what you saw someone do on Biggest Loser. You should be doing this for your health and it may take 2 or 3 years to get to your goal but better to do it slow and steady than not at all. Be patient and stick to it!

Best of luck!