Frustration

Options
Hi all. I was hoping to get some advice...I've been at this for well over a month (started May 23) and have lost 11 lbs so far, which I am happy with. I have also lost 3 inches from my chest and 3 1/2 inches off my hips. My frustration is that in all this, I haven't lost a single inch off of my waist (around my belly-button). I know there is no magic way to spot-reduce, but is there anything more that I can do to help shave inches off my waist? My natural waist is a bit higher than my belly-button, but that was the best place to measure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    You can try doing things like pilates exercises to target those core muscles. As you tighten up your abs, it will help pull in your tummy.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    In my experience I lose weight from the outer extremities in. So my face and ankles will be much thinner and my waist and hips are the last to lose. My understanding is because the fat "protects" our internal organs so our bodies hold to that fat and lose the rest first.
  • christopherwarren
    Options
    It may just take some time for your body to start burning from there.

One thing that helped me was analyzing my posture. I realized that I have anterior pelvic tilt (my pelvis tips forward). By doing pilates and focusing on tilting my pelvis level when I was standing or walking, I've slowly moved to a more level position even when I'm not focusing on it, which has helped me pull in my stomach more.
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!!

I work in my yard alot and hard, but my tummy just DROPPED off from bending over alot and holding my core muscles tight...I used to find ways to NOT bend over... because it was too uncomfortable with my big gut, but now I FIND excuses to bend over. Where I would normally walk right by a weed in my yard, now I bend over and pull it out. Bend, bend and bend some more. My tummy is looking GREAT!!!! WHO KNEW somethig that easy helped it. That's just my two cents worth, but it definately worked for me. I am so happy about it!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • kevcar0603
    kevcar0603 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss!! I have heard really good things from people who follow the flat belly diet. Even if you don't follow the calories exactly, they stress the importance of eating MUFA's (healthy fats) such as avocados, olive oil and nuts and claim that it helps to reduce belly fat.

Good luck!
  • halielilith
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your great advice! Fingers crossed it all starts to work!