Shoe Recommendations Please?

Options
Ok friends, I need your recommendations. My ASICS bit the dust and I'm in the market for new gym shoes. I need a cross-trainer, not a running shoe since I don't primarily run, plus I need good support for lateral movement since I tend to roll my ankles. I'm afraid to try a different brand since my ASICS did me so good.

Replies

• SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I would love something offensively bright and colorful.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Just get another pair of Asics! I love em, won't go with anything else. It's like running on fluffy clouds.

They're pink and purple. :heart:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike's... But I only bought them because they were on sale for dirt cheap and they were obscenely bright. But so far we have gotten along well together.
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Everyone's feet are so different--if you've found a brand that works for yours (Asics or anything else), I'd stick with those.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    Options
    That's exactly why I'm afraid to try a new brand. My ASICS were good to me, but I'm very interested in Ryka since they are designed exclusively for women.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always recommend getting fitted at a running store. Yes, I know you said you don't run, but they can do an analysis and fit you with the right shoe regardless.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    Options
    I did that with my last pair when I lived in the states, but now we are in Germany and it is just more cost effective to order online. Plus my German is shotty at best. I can mostly order food...and beer.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Freeruns...
  • SarahJayRigdon
    Options
    The hubs just got a pair of those last week. He's a runner though. Are they good for cross-training?
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check out roadrunnersports.com they have a great selection of shoes. Even if you don't buy a pair from them, you may be able to find your shoes! They have a fairly accurate "shoe finder" and most shoes have detailed reviews!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    Options
    Thanks! That roadrunner site is pretty handy!