losing inches and not lbs

Options
Scale is not moving, but I am down another size (2 sizes since I began, total of 20 lbs lost, many months ago!). Great right? I am still very heavy though. I'd like to lose lbs too. I opened my diary. I don't track on here about 1/2 the time, but I can say 100% I am within my calories nearly every day. I only have a few safe foods, so how can I go over;) Also, I ate less than 1200 calories until this past year, when I bumped up my calories at the request of my nutritionist. That and thyroid meds helped.

Just as an FYI-

I have about 20 major food allergies and do see a nutritionist regularly, so if you look at my diary, there is a reason nuts, seeds and fruits and some grains (corn, soy) are just not in my diet. I am very stuck on what else I can physically eat without winding up in the ER! I am very active outside of work, I have 2 little ones!

Replies

• S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain, to be honest. I've lost about 20lbs (ticker rounds it up to 21) but I've only lost a couple of inches so it's not very noticeable.

When was the last time the scale moved?
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    I have not gain/lost more than 2 lbs (besides right before AF/TOM) in like 2 months. I am "thinner" though, def. I weight a lot so its noticeable.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    But you've lost INCHES!! Everyone can see that, they can't see the number on the scale!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't been my friend since my initial 20lb loss in the beginning. But...my pant and shirt sizes are steadily decreasing! I assume with so much weight left to lose that at some point the numbers on the scale will start to go down but I've learned not to let those numbers make or break me. Way to go on the loss of inches!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Scale is not moving, but I am down another size (2 sizes since I began, total of 20 lbs lost, many months ago!). Great right? I am still very heavy though. I'd like to lose lbs too. I opened my diary. I don't track on here about 1/2 the time, but I can say 100% I am within my calories nearly every day. I only have a few safe foods, so how can I go over;) Also, I ate less than 1200 calories until this past year, when I bumped up my calories at the request of my nutritionist. That and thyroid meds helped.

Just as an FYI-

I have about 20 major food allergies and do see a nutritionist regularly, so if you look at my diary, there is a reason nuts, seeds and fruits and some grains (corn, soy) are just not in my diet. I am very stuck on what else I can physically eat without winding up in the ER! I am very active outside of work, I have 2 little ones!

Excellent. Everyone wants to see that number on the scale move (some up and some down) but in your case dropping sizes is still great progress.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    who cares what the scale says? Losing inches is MUCH more important!!!!!!
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Good work!!

Scales are evil!!!

If you can see results in Clothes\Mirror etc, then the scales are pointless!

Either way, Keep it up!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Throw out the scale. I went from 121 with 20% body fat to 132 with 22% body fat while lifting to now 127 with 17% body fat. The scale lies. I'm the skinniest I've ever been, but I'm not the "lightest."

Get over it.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It really is all about the inches. I've been stuck on my current weight for about three weeks now, but my pants keep getting roomier. I'm lifting weights so I hope I'm putting on a little muscle to counteract any fat loss I might see on the scale otherwise.

The best thing I could tell you would not to get discouraged. As long as you are seeing seeing progress then what you are doing IS working and you are becoming a healther person.

Like age, the weight on the scale is just a number!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Congrats on inches lost! Keep it up. That's true success.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    But you've lost INCHES!! Everyone can see that, they can't see the number on the scale!

This x a million. My scale weight hasn't changed in months, yet I am down almost two pants sizes. So what if the scale doesn't reflect that? It will eventually. No one else knows what the scale says, but it's AWESOME when people notice that you're smaller.
  • Jeffrey_S
    Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It really is all about the inches. I've been stuck on my current weight for about three weeks now, but my pants keep getting roomier. I'm lifting weights so I hope I'm putting on a little muscle to counteract any fat loss I might see on the scale otherwise.

The best thing I could tell you would not to get discouraged. As long as you are seeing seeing progress then what you are doing IS working and you are becoming a healther person.

Like age, the weight on the scale is just a number!

This is precisely what's happening to me right now, the first 29 pounds came off quickly, but I've been stuck at this plateau for a couple of weeks...but my pants are noticeably more loose-fitting and I'm down to the last hole in my belt, so it is still progress.
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree the inches are great, but I still weigh a lot! I do want to see myself weighing less than what I do and in smaller clothes! I don't see how I can lose more inches, but still weight a ton!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well you are getting the highly sought after "more toned and firmer". This is good. Muscle weighs less than fat by volume. You will lose more pounds. Just keep doing what you are doing!