Starting Over....Need Some Buddies!

Options
I was on MFP for a long time and I lost 60 pounds and then gained about half of it back. I was really struggling with getting back on track, and then I just decided to start over with everything, clean slate. So, I deleted my original MFP profile and created this one. It has helped my mind set, in some strange way, but now I am in need of new friends.

A little about me....I am a 32 year old single mom to one 7 year old girl. :) I started my journey at the beginning of 2012, weighing 332 pounds. I swore to myself I would never see that "300" number ever again, but I started getting lazy in the fall, and guess what? I saw that 300 number again. Currently I weigh 305 and I cannot wait to get back under that dreaded mark once again, this time, hopefully for good!

Please add me if you have lots of weight to lose, a little weight to lose, whatever. If you know the struggle that losing weight is, and struggling to keep that lifestyle, even when life is getting crazy (I added a full time college schedule last fall and while I was doing great at that....I slipped here)

Yay for new friends and a fresh start!

Replies

• lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Sometimes a fresh start is the perfect way to get the motivation back up again :)

An add is coming your way!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Props to you for being a single mom. I'm a married mom of an 8 month old and that's hard work as it is!
    I'm an active poster if you'd like to be friends!
  • angiebug
    angiebug Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am starting over too. You and me.....lets say this is the final time of starting over. Been here a week. First weigh in tomorrow. We can do it.
  • emeraldj18
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I have a way to go too! I have been on here for 35 days and have noticed much improvement! My goal is to lose about 60-70 lbs.I am positive that I will make it.I am not actually dieting but, I track every single thing I eat ..I have learned what I can eat and not eat without going over my daily allowance.It has worked!! I have lost but,not sure exactly how much.I will not be a slave to the scales this time.The weight will fluctuate at first and I dont want to get discouraged like I did non my last attempts.Take care and take it slow.You will succeed and make you goals!!! Good luck to you and feel free to accept my friend request.
    Have a Geat Day!
    Jeanine
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I try to be motivational to all my friends on here!
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Friend request heading your way! :smile:
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over, too! Just sent you a friend request. :)
  • jdekost81
    jdekost81 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • susiec68
    susiec68 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am just starting today, although I have been a member for a while but not really taking any notice of it. Today is a new start!!!
  • thinnerJoyce8
    Options
    hi I need friends on this so that I do not think I am alone in the crazy weight loss program. I have only been on MFP for a week and have not figured out how to do the friend thing yet. I am happy for your new start it gives a new fresh beginning that helps a lot.
    Little about me. I weigh 195 and do not want to reach the 200 I have tried for 6 years to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and have not been successful. I think that keeping track of what I eat will get me there.
  • kayleighreynolds89
    Options
    Hi im new to the whole site and im a bit confused on the calerie side of things and wondered if I could get some help and make buddies at the same time. Im married with two children and have really let go of myself and am despirate to regain control and feel good about myself.....Hopefuly.lol. any help would be amazing.xx
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Add me and I'll do my best to motivate you!
  • Onimomo
    Onimomo Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you, and good luck!
    It's more encouraging with new friends!

Everyone, please feel free to add me ^O^
  • projectthin1
    Options
    hi, I have also started over too! I also need to lose a lot of weight - over 100 pounds! have had a few bad days but trying to stay positive.
    good luck in your journey!
  • applekey
    applekey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting anew as well, I'm 49 and my weight loss goal is to lose 60lbs. I'm also in need of friends for support. I'm an emotional eater and have begun to face that reality head on. I've found that with support I do so much better, I will help you on your journey if you help me on mine:) looking forward to losing this weight with a friend with the same goals.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Add me :smile: I know what it is like to gain, lose, gain back and lose. This time I think that I have a handle on it and am really ready to make this a lifestyle change. I am an active poster and am on here all the time figuring out recipes and putting my daily food into the my diary. Great luck on a fresh new start!!
  • kamiboykin
    kamiboykin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting. Happy to be a buddy. I need some as well. :flowerforyou:
  • xDaniix
    xDaniix Posts: 51
    Options
    ive sent you a request! :D
  • gdygirl8806
    Options
    Sent a request!

Mom of a 2 year old and 6 months preggo. Hit 199, then found out I was pregnant...6 months down, three to go, then back on track to hit my 150 goal.
  • cassy30
    cassy30 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi all! I basically just starting over with mfp too! I can use some motivation, and will try to motivate right back :-) by the way, i see some of u with those weight tickers, how do i access those? I weigh in on tuesdays, so lets do this all together!! I want to loose 15lbs!