Stickin' to it - tips and tricks?

Options
Hi folks

SO I've been on MFP for several months now and have stayed stagnant. I'll be good for a couple of weeks but then fall off the wagon. My goal is to lose 15lbs. Not very much and it seems like I'm doomed to fail... I allow myself to give in too easily after workouts and stop tracking altogther on weekends.

I've made the conscious decision to eat only what I can track and see if that helps. I'm hoping someone can share some tips and tricks with me on what keeps them tracking and motivated?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Do you have an item of clothing to aim to fit into? I have some things I kept from the weight I'm aiming for (and which almost fit now), and I kept one of my largest items to try on every so often as a reminder.
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Try to meal plan as much as possible and cook your meals and track them before you even eat them. You have no reason to stray or wonder what to eat when you have everything all ready to go in your fridge.
    Routine is a huge help for me. It's boring, yes, but I try to eat a lot of the same stuff for each meal on a very regular basis.
  • evelina_anville
    Options
    "One day at a time" is the mindset I find most successful. Don't think about being "on a diet" for the next few weeks/months, just concentrate on getting through each day. For example, I think to myself that I will exercise today, or stick to my planned menu for today. Forget tomorrow, forget what happened yesterday, today is within my control. Once I've got through enough days the "diet" has become part of the routine (and I'm talking about healthy habits, not silly crash diets). Voila, a change in lifestyle!
  • fitcanuck
    fitcanuck Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks guys this is very helpful!
    What about weekends though? I find those are the hardest because there so un-predictable. Weekdays are usually ok for me because i'm at my desk and it's easy to plan meals because everything is so scheduled.