Running with jogging stoller

Options
Does anyone have a good way to figure out calories burned while running with a stroller? I've gone through all the exercises and strength catagories but nothing really fits. I run with my double stroller which weighs about 100 lbs with the kids in it, and would love to know how many extra calories I'm burning on top of the running. Let me know!

Replies

• lovesweetlove
    Options
    I have a jogging stroller and push my 3 1/2 year old in it. There are a few things I recommend to help you find out your calories burned:

I wear a heart rate monitor during my run and it will list my cals after based on my heart rate throughout the workout. Best investment I have ever purchased.
    I definitely am slower pushing the stroller than just running... I sometimes use an app called Map My Fitness and it will tell you realtime info for your mph. Even though I am slower, I like to think that pushing the stroller gives me a few extra points... :)

Per my HRM, my average is 370-400 calories for 30 minutes of jogging with the stroller.