Stress and Food

Options
Am I hungry because I'm stressed? My baby has been crying for over an hour, and I'm starving. All I can think about is ordering a pizza (soda included!) I can't (or won't) put my baby down to even make a sandwich much less eat it! In this sort of situation a salad or smoothie has no satisfaction at all! Help! What is the answer to being able to handle the stress and not eat myself fat!

Replies

• chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think it is a lot of training yourself on not eating bad food and finding alternative mood boosters when you are in a bad spot. Good luck with this. I am currently working on it myself. What do i do when I am down, mad or sad? Eat. Very frustrating cycle.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If your bubba is not unwell possibly wrap him/her up, put her in her pram and take a stroll. Will distract your bubba and calm you down.xx
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When my son was little and would cry like that, I fantasized about chocolate, cookies, ice cream.... It's tough, I know. It was anything to get my mind off the crying. And it was a reward for enduring it!

I struggle with the same things still--but usually related to a work project or tension about something.

Maybe a walk outside? That usually helped my son. Or hot cup of coffee or tea?
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just want to sympathize.
    I remember being so stressed out and that moment of peace when you can take a second to eat is like a slice of heaven when your life is revolving around a baby. Sleep deprivation doesn't help cravings either.
    Like some others said, if you can walk or run even for 10 minutes outdoors do it! Otherwise load that baby up in the stroller and run around the block like I used to. Crying baby and all :)
  • MeganKSchultz
    Options
    Just to clarify, my pic is of my baby when she was a newborn, but she's 16 months now. She was crying because she's been sick.