Weight schmeight

Options
Hi! I have been tracking my weight for the past six years and there is a very definitive curve (understandably) between summer and winter. While the summer season is on its way in, losing weight will come more naturally--being too hot to eat, eating more fruit and drinking more water because I'm thirsty, and beautiful weather for outdoor fun. At my heaviest, I was around 160 lbs and that was in the winter of 2007. In the summer of 2010, I was down to a trim 120. I average out around 130-135 and although I am a busty, curvy girl, I would like trimmer hips and a flatter tummy.

I do not focus so much on the poundage or inches as I do on how I look and feel (which changes from day to day). If I can have more days feeling confident and beautiful, all the better!

I am about to start a new job as a canoe naturalist in New York. I am also preparing for a rigorous 6-month training program to help prepare me for an Appalachian Trail thru-hike.

I LOVE being outside! I love to hike, kayak, canoe, snorkel, and climb. I HATE THE GYM!! For me, nothing is more boring than walking on a treadmill IN PLACE (although lifting weights has its perks). I'd rather "work out" by doing something that doesn't feel like exercise and can be done with many people if I want! The problem is, I don't do it enough. Hopefully once I move, this will be remedied.

Please add me! It's very helpful to see other people succeeding!

Replies

• justme3657
    Options
    Hello! It is definitely a good thing to focus more on how you feel and look! I love being outside as well :). Definitely plan on getting out more this year! Nice to meet you and I hope you are able to reach your goals :)