Nausea During Period

Options
I have been going through past forums and I can't find what I am looking for so I figured I would just post a new forum. I don't care if haters are going to hate about a subject that has been beaten to death but I have a problem and I need some help, thus the reason I am here. Here is the dealio... Starting thursday I have been having issues with nausea and eating. I can't eat because every time I try I just feel sick. I am assuming it is linked to my period because it started the day my period started and every it's still going on. At times I think I am okay and I eat something, then I start to feel sick. only one day in the past 5 days have I been able to eat above 1000 calories (and I am 270+ lbs). It's making me weak, it's making me tired, and it's making it impossible to work out. yesterday I thought I was fine but then I ended up throwing up and feeling ill. I was suppose to go to my GYNO but she won't see me because I am still on my period and the soonest we were able to reschedule is the 22nd. GAH!

It may be ridiculous but it is slightly concerning me. I haven't had this experience before and even though my lady time has been getting steadily worse with every cycle I have yet to reach this level of discomfort and pain.

So here is where I need help. Has anyone else experienced this? If so do you have any tips to help with the nausea and the inability to eat. Is there any food you suggest? Any tips for alleviating pain and nausea?

I'm honestly open to any and all help!

I just want to eat again, dang it!

Replies

• nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I dealt with this every month until I got pregnant with my daughter. After I had her it went away. I was useless the first 24-48 hours of my lady time every single month. Cramps so bad I would cry. Honestly I always lost 2 lbs because I didn't want to eat during that time. If I did it was saltines or chicken broth. Nothing more. I would keep it bland and simple if you do try to eat, nothing that would irritate your stomach and drink gatorade, I have heard that is good to drink when you are throwing up so much. Oh yeah and ginger ale is supposed to be soothing too, and drink through it through a straw. My daughter got my curse and the doctor told her that drinking through a straw may help. I don't know why though.

Good luck and make sure to keep you appointment with the Gyno to make sure there is nothing else going on.
  • kookanddra
    Options
    My daughter has a similar situation. The first couple days of her period are the worse!! She is faint, has nausea, gets the shakes. All the fun things. Her flow is very heavy and I think all the symptoms she has is due to the heavyness of it. I've talked to the doctor and we are going to put her on the pill to see if that will help. It did me when I was like that. :-) Not sure if that helps or not.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So weird this happened to me this past month when I was on my period as well. The whole week I was nauseous & sooo tired. I wasn't able to work out from being so tired. I never threw up but on a good note all of the symptoms did go away once my period was over. I always feel pretty tired and a little nauseous but it seemed to be much more intense this month. I hope its not as bad next month. Let me know what your GYNO says. I might need to go see mine as well.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    1 - if you're not taking any pain killers, start doing so.
    2 - this won't help you now, but start taking one or two pain pills a day a few days before your period. this was recommended to me when i was pushed to vomiting during my period because of cramps (before i started BC).
  • ashleytea3
    ashleytea3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know most women LOVE birth control, but I'm going to suggest a natural method, Ginger and Mint are two remedies I use when I'm sick, even with the stomach flu. They naturally promote your system to release more digestive enzymes and combat that nausea. You can get ginger pills, if you don't like taking straight up ginger.
  • ashleytea3
    ashleytea3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    oh I think i know why your gyno might have suggested the straw method, if you drop your jaw into a certain position it keeps your gag reflex suppressed. I learned how to do it in karate to keep myself from being choked out. The straw might promote that jaw position.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    1 - if you're not taking any pain killers, start doing so.
    2 - this won't help you now, but start taking one or two pain pills a day a few days before your period. this was recommended to me when i was pushed to vomiting during my period because of cramps (before i started BC).

THIS!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, i have this today, it sucks.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This happens to me occasionally. Nothing to do except lie in the bathroom writhing in pain.

And peppermint tea.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for your comments! I'm sure it's nothing serious. Probably just stress from all the changes my body is going through. Just sucks. I want to eat and all I crave is fried chicken and pizza! lol. That is TERRIBLE but seeing how many calories I am missing maybe it wouldn't be so bad to allow myself a small dose of calorically high foods. But then when I eat ANYTHING I just feel ew. Just ew. Right now I am drinking a meal replacement drink to try and make up for all the stuff I've been missing from NOT eating. This should be over in another day or two. I'm just going to ride it out until then. At least now I have some advice to go off of!
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I had a really bad one this time, which I'm usually symptom free or just a bit uncomfortable. I think mine was too much sugar and caffeine caused it but I was bent over with cramps this time. I couldn't do anything for the first day and work was a nightmare. I had bad nausea too, I've never had it that bad so unfortunately I can't give you any suggestions....I took a large dose of "cramp tabs" from work and it made it easier so I didn't curl up in a ball at work....