Replies

• timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just IM'd you a recipe!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Atkins makes a great bar Peanut butter fudge crisp bar. 150 cals, 8 g of fiber , 1 g sugar, potassium 110, 10 g protein. Sodium is a little high at 160 Its really tasty....and hits the spot when I want reeses peanut butter cups.
  • ASGG7818
    ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Found this "ice cream" today. Called Arctic zero - chocolate peanut butter flavor. 150 calories for the whole pint! Found it at ingles.
  • suewells10
    suewells10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too!! So glad to read this. I have a couple things.... one is low fat greek yoghurt with frozen berries stirred through, its amazing. Another is to make a mug of chocoalte or vanilla custard, thick and satisfying but without masses of sugar/fat. The last is from a blog ive found - its healthy cookie dough dip
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/27/new-recipe-sugar-free-cookie-dough-dip/

(No sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip

It’s gluten-free, too.

Inspired by my blog’s most-popular recipe.

* 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained) (250g after draining)
    * heaping 1/8 tsp salt
    * tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
    * 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (You can get away with using only 3 tbsp. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
    * 1 and 1/4 cups pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
    * 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
    * 2 tbsp oats (You can omit if desired.)
    * milk of choice as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few tbsp.)

In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor (for best results, not a blender) and blend until very smooth.

If you wish, you can use: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.

This can be served as a dessert dip, as a spread (maybe in between apple slices or crackers?), eaten with a spoon, mixed into oatmeal, stuffed into cupcakes, or even used to top pancakes!
  • janmhm
    janmhm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love there is this post! I am new to this and have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth - I love chocolate! I don't eat fruit. I don't eat yogurt - so please don't offer me those alternatives. I'm also not one of those people who will 'just have a bite' and be satisfied - that doesn't work for me either. And totally denying myself - makes me crave it more and then I will get 'chocolate drunk'.

Good news? I recently omitted gluten from my diet - mostly because I wanted to, not because I needed to. So I automatically can't eat cookies or cupcakes (this makes me sad) or if I do want them, I have to plan and bake from scratch, which takes time and effort and slows the process down.

Keep the tips and coversation going!

I'm so very happy Easter is over and another chocolate-laden holiday isn't until October!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate balls (lol) which are based on the Nakd raw food bars we get here. It just dates, whatever nuts and other dried fruit I have open at the time, with a small spoon of coconut oil or nut butter and most importantly COCOA. Mmmmmmm

I whizz that all up in a blender and squidge them into balls, stick in a bowl in the fridge. Current batch has been going about a week and a half. I stick one in my packed lunch in the morning. The dates have a lot of sugar, so it is a sweet, but it's got a lot more fibre and good fats than a chocolate bar off the shelf.
  • Jennycullen2
    Jennycullen2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    recipe please?
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Try having 1 or 2 pieces of dark chocolate, that helps me :) I like DOVE brand. Hang in there! I have the same issue :/
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have the same issue. I found GNC Total Lean Lean Shake in orange cream. Add 1 cup skim milk (instead of water) and add some ice while blending and you have a meal replacement that is less than 300 calories but packs 33 grams of protein and tastes exactly like a dreamsicle. So good!

If you have a little bit more time, I've made these before and they've hit the sweet tooth while still helping me meet my nutrition goals.

Pumpkin Cupcakes w/Protein Frosting

Cupcakes:
    3 scoops unflavored whey protein powder ( I use GNC Pro Performance Vanilla Whey (25 g protein per scoop))
    9 egg whites
    3/4 c. organic pumpkin, canned
    8 packets Stevia (I actually use Splenda)
    9 T. unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
    2 t. baking powder

Frosting:
    1 c. vanilla whey protein
    2 t. cinnamon
    2 packets Stevia (Splenda)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line 12 cup muffin tin w/paper liners. Combine all cupcake ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend thoroughly (I use a mixer). Divide mixture into muffin tin tins. Bake approx 15 mins or until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Mix all frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add water and stir until smooth. Spead on cooled cupcakes.

Nutrition: Calories: 210, Total fats: 6 g, sat fat: 1.5 g, trans fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Sodium: 220 mg, Total carbs: 10 g, dietary fiber: 1 g, sugars: 4 g, Protein: 31 g.

Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

1 egg
    1 1/2 c. all natural peanut butter
    1 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (unflavored, vanilla or chocolate)
    1/2 c. Sucanat (I typically use Splenda but Sucanat - pure dried sugar cane juice - can be found at natural food stores)
    1/2 c. almond meal
    1 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, lightly beat egg and then add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Form 12-16 little balls and place on lightly greased or lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 mins. Cool before eating.

Nutrition: Calories: 100, Total fats: 6 g., sat fat: 1 g. trans fat: 0, Choleterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 90 mg, Total carbs: 7 g, dietary fiber: 1 g, sugars: 5 g, Protein 5 g.
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    try this website for healthy dessert recipes- i have tried a couple of them and they are all AMAZING!

www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites that is super simple is just a cut up banana with chocolate syrup drizzled on it.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MarcelaBella
    Options
    My co-workers all eat York Peppermint Patties (the mini ones), as they are lower in calories than other chocolate options. Plus, they're delicious.
  • meldziedzic
    Options
    swissmiss hot chocolate has a no sugar added hot cocoa, it has 25 calories per serving, 0 grams of fat, 4 grams carbs, and only 2 grams sugar!
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    sweet tooth bump!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    1 toasted waffle (flax plus or other whole grain)
    spread with 1/4 c. ricotta cheese
    topped with 1tbs dark choc. chips, melted and
    1tbs almonds or other toasted nuts, chopped
    add 1/2 c. dark sweet cherries and enjoy ;)

I reserve the above 400 cals. for a snack/desert meal for before or after dinner. Depends on how hungry I am when I get home from work.

Just noticed you don't eat fruit - sub out some other 50cal food you DO like ;)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    ETA: meant to say low fat ricotta (for calorie reasons only) and for you, gluten-free waffle, of course.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am an addict and I just cut out sugar altogether bec it was sabotaging weight loss and totally derailing good eating during the day. (I ate sugar at night.) Anyhow, I use a few chemical crutches and a few natural ones to manage during this sugar reduction phase. I don't want to use chemicals long term, but for now, they've been a big help:

(1) sugar-free trident bubble gum (sorbitol)
    (2) starbucks skinny nonfat sugarfree vanilla capuccino (sucrolose is used in their syrup; caffeine helps to thwart sugar crazies); I ordered syrup (and pump) from starbucks.com
    (3) stevia in tea (natural non-sugar substitute)

I noticed that I have to eat oatmeal to stay headache free during the sugar cut. Sugar free oatmeal, of course...even McD's offers sugarfree -- you have to ask for it and order apples and walnuts to add on top! YUM!

good luck!
  • jenheath77
    jenheath77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy the sugar-free puddding cups - that way I can take them to work with me. Late at night is when it seems to be the worst time for me. Sometimes I will suck on a chocolate tootsie pop (you can make it last a long time) or have a small handfull of yogurt covered raisins. I also enjoy a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate with a TBSP of fat-free cool whip once in a while. Good luck!