how the heck did I get here???

Options
ok. I know how. but still. I can't believe it. I was always thin. I am 5' 7" and weighed 118 when I got married. then came the babies. I gained a lot with each pregnancy. but I lost the weight after of the first 4 pregnancies or at least most of it. got down to 130 after #1. 128 after #2. 142 after # 3. and 150 after #4. then came number 5! not only did I never lose it @ 187. but since her birth I have packed on even more. she will be 13 years old this month and I find myself at 240. so I say, how the heck did I get here! Ugh. I have started every diet known to man in the last 13 years and the only I have accomplished is knowing any diet would have worked if I had followed it. so I am back here at MFP and very determined.... I hope. I have to be. I really don't have a choice. the 100 extra pounds is destroying me. and I will be 45 this year. so I am taking this one meal at a time. I am on day two and already down 3.5. love that water weight loss in the beginning. lol. I look forward to meeting and getting to know others and reaching our goals together.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi there ....wishing you much success.... you can do it ....take one day at a time ... baby steps .... eat less move more ..... feel free to add me if you would like ....Megan
  • camarogirl2683
    camarogirl2683 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have taken the first step. Just take it one day at a time! The support on here is great! Best of Luck!
  • ajradul
    ajradul Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!
    You have taken the first step in the right direction.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Angela :) I've struggled with my weight since my late 20's. I was going through a lot of pain with endometriosis and little did I know, I wound up getting ovarian cancer. I am better now (thank goodness) but I gained over 100 lbs in 5 years. It was awful. However, with much hard work, I have lost all of that since I had my very last surgery. I would like to lsot 50 more and I'm finding weight loss to be very difficult but I know I can do it. I have great support :) If anyone would like to "friend" me on here, that is totally ok with me :)
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't diet, they never work or last. You will get there!
  • gunnaloseit100
    Options
    thanks everyone. I am feeling the love. :) maybe I can do this. :)