This may be a silly question but...

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
they say it is most accurate to weigh yourself in the morning with no clothes, before you have eaten, and after you have went to the bathroom. Now I won't disagree, this is when I weigh the least... But thats once a day.. My body usually has food and all that in it etc... So wouldn't maybe weighing in the middle of the day be more realistic since that is when my body is full of whatever like is usually is? If that makes sense at all hahaha But maybe not since im trying to get my body fat % down and to know it really is to make sure its just my body im weighing and not the food etc... I know weight isnt everything but it helps determine.. I think I have just answered my own question. Sorry for thinking out loud hahaha If I havent well then HILF MIR! (help me!)

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    they say it is most accurate to weigh yourself in the morning with no clothes, before you have eaten, and after you have went to the bathroom. Now I won't disagree, this is when I weigh the least... But thats once a day.. My body usually has food and all that in it etc... So wouldn't maybe weighing in the middle of the day be more realistic since that is when my body is full of whatever like is usually is? If that makes sense at all hahaha But maybe not since im trying to get my body fat % down and to know it really is to make sure its just my body im weighing and not the food etc... I know weight isnt everything but it helps determine.. I think I have just answered my own question. Sorry for thinking out loud hahaha If I havent well then HILF MIR! (help me!)
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    The morning is best because that is when your weight will be most consistent.

Other times of the day it varies so much on things like have you recently had a glass of water, when was your last trip to the bathroom etc. A 16 oz glass of water weighs well... 16 oz or 1 lb, and that's not weight gain.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    So. Do you know the answer silly will walnut head?:laugh:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    that's when i weigh myself... don't know if it makes sense just easiest. and sometimes it's not when i weigh the least, but sometimes it is!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    The morning is best because that is when your weight will be most consistent.

Other times of the day it varies so much on things like have you recently had a glass of water, when was your last trip to the bathroom etc. A 16 oz glass of water weighs well... 16 oz or 1 lb, and that's not weight gain.

hey with the whole water thing i never thought of that before. Thats really cool. Im a dork I know.. So like if i were to drink 32oz right now... and then went and weighed myself again, I would be 2lbs heavier!! That's very cool!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning once a week.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    OK I have another question.. So what happens when I eat waaaaaay too much.. Like a month ago it was my dads bday.. and I just didnt care.. I went WAY overboard.. I ate until I had to puke! I gained 5lbs.. but ALWAYS my weight goes down after.. took about 3 days and was back to my original.. and i wasnt exercising.. so is that all the food weight then?
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    GoodMorning, I will have to agreee.. I weigh myself in the morning. I have put my digital scale in the kitchen strategically placed that I will see it.. I find that it's a good reminder for me..especially when I get the mucnchies after 9 p.m. I take one look at that scale and leave the kitchen. haahaha. I do really well throughout the day. Any ideas of how to get through the 9 p.m. munchies. Last night I chowed down on lots of celery.
    Have a great day everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    GoodMorning, I will have to agreee.. I weigh myself in the morning. I have put my digital scale in the kitchen strategically placed that I will see it.. I find that it's a good reminder for me..especially when I get the mucnchies after 9 p.m. I take one look at that scale and leave the kitchen. haahaha. I do really well throughout the day. Any ideas of how to get through the 9 p.m. munchies. Last night I chowed down on lots of celery.
    Have a great day everyone!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah I get those too around 10pm or 12am when I get home from work. I either have veggies that I made sure to make room for to munch on, or I get into bed as fast as I can hahaha
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    OK I have another question.. So what happens when I eat waaaaaay too much.. Like a month ago it was my dads bday.. and I just didnt care.. I went WAY overboard.. I ate until I had to puke! I gained 5lbs.. but ALWAYS my weight goes down after.. took about 3 days and was back to my original.. and i wasnt exercising.. so is that all the food weight then?

That's a good question. I don't know the answer but I'll venture a guess.

Your body would digest enough of it to meet your expended calorie needs, to repair any muscle tissue needed (like from weight lifting), to store some fat, would dump (so to speak) the rest.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Is that how it works? Takes what it needs then "dumps" the rest. Huh.. quite interesting...
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Well, if you packed in that much food, it most likely took a few days for your body to completely 'rid' itself of it all, if you know what I mean :embarassed:

Plus, I'm not sure how familiar you are with physiology, but the way you get nutrition from food is by it passing along the walls of your intestines. As it passes along, nutrients that are needed pass into the blood stream.

Now, your blood can only absorb so much before its 'saturated' and just can't take in any more. This goes for just about any nutritional item... fat, sugar, vitamins, whatever. Anything else will pass through without entering your blood stream. Sort of like if you mix salt in water... you can dissolve so much in, but eventually you'll hit a point where you just can't get any more to dissolve. Thats saturation. Thats why if you go 3500 calories over you don't gain a pound in a single day :wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    So if my body does not "dump" (hahaha wow we are being so nice about it eh) anything that means I didnt eat enough? now sometimes when I wouldnt eat anything all day and then eat at night it would so right through me.. wasnt a pleasent experience.. why does that happen? haha