Need input on exercises

Options
Hi.. I'm fairly new to working out again. I had stopped playing soccer a few years ago due to a knee injury and ankle injuries. I still have issues left, but want to be in better shape before my next surgery. Are there any ideas that are simple workouts? I live next to a gym, so machine suggestions are welcome too. Thank you

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you have impending surgery and an ongoing injury, I'd talk to your doc or PT about any exercises and whether or not you're cleared for them.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Ask your doc about/try elliptical, supposed to be better on your knees/ankles than running. That nordic skiing thing also good. Maybe biking?

I'd recommend weight training.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This answer assumes your Dr/Phys. therapist has cleared you for any exercise.

I have bad ankles/knees, and I'm VERY fond of my elliptical machine (my physical therapist says it's a good machine for me & my knee issues). It's easy on my knees, and my ankles don't have to do any funky sideways stuff (my ligaments are stretched to hell from too many sprains).

Stationary bike might be good, but watch the seat angle so your knees don't bend too deeply.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    when I recovered from achilles tendon surgery, I walked in a pool and swam.. I did a lot of push ups whcih I still do
    and I also did a lot of situps.. You could probably do any upper body machines at the gym/ You could do les mills body pump
    except for maybe the lunges.