Finished Insanity (pics included). What should I do next?

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyMcCranie
    AmyMcCranie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of a P90X/TurboFire Hybrid and then I plan to do the Chalean Extreme/TurboFire Hybrid. I love all of these workouts. Beachbody is amazing. I would definitely recommend TurboFire b/c the intensity level is comparable to Insanity. There's more kickboxing to TurboFire than Insanity. It's different but definitely keeps your heart rate up like Insanity does.You are small enough that you might not see a big weight loss with any of these programs but you will gain muscle and stay lean with the hybrids. You look amazing!!!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wooooow. Way to make me feel like doing Insanity XD Sorry I don't have any real suggestions, but I am doing New Rules of Lifting for Women ^^ Totally different type of workout.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great results! I'm thinking of maybe doing Chalean after I finish Insanity. Let us know what you decide!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look great!:smile:
  • JM2709
    JM2709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @irishman213 Since Asylum only goes for 30 days I might try that next. I'm not ready to leave Shaun T just yet lol

@pyrowill & perfecting_em I've been hearing a lot of success stories with P90X as well! you just made my decision a whole lot harder haha. :tongue: I think that will be next on my agenda, after Asylum.

@justaskforbra For the first month, I tried to eat brown rice with chicken and steamed vegies everyday haha boring i know but it's quick and easy. Then I messed up from always dining out and giving in to sweets and it started to really affect my workout and i was feeling real sluggish and lethargic throughout the days. So at the start of Month two I decided to follow the Insanity's nutrition program. I'd still indulge here and there lol but I did my best to stick to it. I tried to fit Intermittent Fasting in with it as well, so everyday I would only eat between 10am to 6pm. I think that helped and I made sure I drank at least 2Litres of water a day.

@ChgingMe Thanks! I'll look into it for the future! The duration of the workouts in Month two was too long for me, I think that's what made me dread it each day lol.

@dangerxbadger I just joined hehe thanks!

@ashiggins Thanks for your feedback :) I'm already a member at the gym, I tend to get bored easily at the gym and I've gotten a trainer to write me a few programs but then I'd just get bored of it after two weeks. So i stopped going for awhile and that's when I decided to do Insanity . I'm going to start going back this month and mix it up with the dvd programs to keep it interesting.

@DarlingNikki2 I've decided to do Insanity: Asylum first :smile:

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! For those who are starting Insanity, good luck! Hope we get to see your results on here as well. If you feel discouraged, just push yourself to power through week one and it'll be a little easier for you to do the workouts cos your body will adapt to it by then.
    Good luck to all those who are starting month two, no matter how hard it gets or if you feel like you can't go on with the program, don't ever quit! Just remember mind over matter. You've already come this far it'll be a shame if you quit at the halfway mark and instead of feeling the regret, the feeling and end results you get once you've completed the program is well worth the pain. I didn't start seeing my results till the last two weeks of month two, so keep going! :happy:
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, big difference! You look GREAT!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Looking good! p90x, Jillian Michaels' body revolution, Tapout XT...My understanding is they're all set up about the same...all 90 day programs...Tapout is kind of explosive and MMA inspired so may not suit everyone but, if yin liked insanity, i think you could be happy with one of these.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Great results! I would do the insanity again and this time follow the eating, bet the results would be sick. Or you can start a lifting routine that gives sick results also =D Good luck
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would try P90X it is a great workout though a bit longer then the Insanity ones. I plan on doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid when I finish the round of Insanity.
    Great job, great results! Congrats! Chalean Xtreme in my opinion.Whatever you anyway i know u will do both anyways!
    Today am starting Insanity!

So am I.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love ChaLEAN Extreme, it's an amazing program :)
  • JM2709
    Options
    I would purchase a bathing suit and take your before and after shots with that. underwear shots violate the TOS.

You look great, and amazing progress! Love it!

Oops, thank you. I'll make sure i'll keep that in mind. :smile:
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing. I did my Fit test last night.
  • JM2709
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
    Did you just start the program? I remember I was on the verge of throwing up on the first day of my fit test lol :laugh:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great work, I've been thinking about trying P90x/Insanity seems like you get great results with them!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Great results!

Just my thoughts about Chalean Extreme (I did the first 6 weeks)--first, you will need heavy sets of weights to do the program most effectively (either a variety of dumbbells or adjustable dumbbells), which is an expensive investment. Second, you may find chalean extreme to be too easy, especially if you were able to get through Insanity. It's not an "easy" program persay, it's just very very different from the pace of programs like Insanity. I quit doing chalean extreme because I wanted to lift heavier and I enjoy going to the gym. Plus I wasn't really seeing results with Chalean (granted I wasn't following much of a diet plan at the time).

My recommendation would be to join a gym and start a lifting plan :) but I know that's not always an option. Good luck!
    You can lift as heavy as you want with CE. I bought dumbells with spin licks and plates which aren't that expensive. It won't be easy if you lift heavy enough. It's just DIFFERENT to Insanity.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    amazing results, way to go!!
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    After I completed the program, I did P90X/ insanity hybrid and I loved it! P90X is a fantastic program. I have never done chalene extreme but I am sure its great. I love all beachbody programs. Chalene's turbo fire is fantastic- I'm sure extreme is of the same quality.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You totally have me wanting to do this. I tried it last year and only gave it about a week. Im going to borrow it from my friend and make myself stick with it. All these awesome results are great motivation!! You look awesome!
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great! I wish I were getting the same results, but I really didn't follow the diet plan (does not work with my schedule).
  • mhayes11
    mhayes11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!