Favorite moves for legs/booty that isn't a squat or lunge?

Options
2»

Replies

• Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Theres this strange move on one of the blogilates workout that seems to work. You sit down on your knees and press your hips from one side to the other. Do that for a bit and you can feel a burn! Hip thrusts are great too. Can you do leg raises/ leg pops? On all fours and lift one leg up to the ceiling? For the inner thighs lie on your back and stretch your legs out (into a V) and do small circles- painful but effective!
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    You guys have given me some great suggestions! Adding pictures and videos to my iPad right now!
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Straight leg deadlifts are great for hamstrings. You do NOT need a lot of weight to make these effective. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/dumbbell-straight-leg-deadlift
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bent knee side extensions. I think that's what they are called. Where you get on all fours, then raise your leg to the side with the knee still bent. Those make my booty burn. You can tie a resistance band aournd your ankles or knees for added resistance.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I like glute bridges and hip thrusts. You can do one-legged and/or off of a bench to up the intensity. I have had hip joint issues and have had to take lay offs from squats and deadlifts in the past and glute bridges and hip thrusts help. :smile:

Editing to add link http://www.myomytv.com/the-glute-journey-glute-bridge-to-hip-thrust/
    Yes.

I would also add donkey kicks, planks, and straight up clenching as possibilities.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Biking and/or Winsor Pilates Hips, Buns, and Thighs have given me the biggest results.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Wash your floors on your hands and knees - you will wake up the next morning never knowing you had those muscles in your backside!!!! Plus your floors will look great! :bigsmile:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts
    Glute bridges
    Straight leg deadlift
    Deadlifts
    Hyperextensions
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Walking stairs is good also since you cant run them.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Swimming...It's a full body workout!!

I can totally relate with knee injuries ((was a competitive athlete from grade school thru college)).

I can't do squats/lunges either, so I started doing Reformer Pilates, to strengthen/stretch my muscles. Been practicing for the past three months and haven't felt this great in a long time...

Good luck during your recovery process!!!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Run stairs.

Running is a no no. But thanks! :flowerforyou:

So walk them!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts, glute bridges, heavy kettlebell swings, dumbbell step ups.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Run stairs.

Running is a no no. But thanks! :flowerforyou:

Look at her bootie and you will find a way to run them. Very nice. She runs those stairs in her profile pic several times a week.

:blushing:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Wall sits.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Donkey kicks are good.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options