10K Success!

angiek941
angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
I've done 3 half marathons and several 5ks, but when I first started losing weight and running, the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston is the first big race I did. It's huge with around 40,000 participants. It's become a tradition with a friend, and I strive to do better each time. The first year I did it, it took me 1:13:13 to do the 10K course. Last year, I did it in 0:58:38, and this year, I did it in 00:56:20!! That's running an average of a 9min 4 second mile! I'm so proud of myself! Running is awesome!

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    thats awesome,
  • sassafrass5
    sassafrass5 Posts: 3 Member
    Way to go! That is an awesome time!

I was there, too. ;) This was my first year, and I didn't do nearly as good as you, but I loved it and will be making it a tradition, I think. My new goal for next year is to run it completely, rather than just halfway like this time. :)
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Wow, that's a really great pace! I have my first 10K race coming up this weekend, I think I'd be happy with anything 62mins and under, lol.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    That's awesome! I have only done one 5k so far in 32 minutes. I'm doing 2 more 5ks this year and my first 10k in September! I hope I can do it in 60 minutes.
  • KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    I am from Charleston! The Bridge Run is a fantastic event. I've only walked it once, but oneday I will run it too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!