Eggs and Nausea?

Options
Does anyone else have ill effects from eggs??? I think they make me nauseous:( Ive tried various amounts with various sides and I really think they are the culprit to my ill morning feeling:( this is new and the foods Im eating are not... side note my son is allergic to eggs vomits and welts so far so we dont do any eggs for him...He is also allergic to several other things including but not limited to nuts and cats and dogs. I know allergies can come and go with no warning. I also think I have a tendency to be sensitive or intolerant to other foods such as bananas and blueberries so I wouldnt be surprised but I will be bummed its one of my biggest sources of good fats and protein. Im planning to omit them this week starting tomorrow and see if that is not my morning yuck feeling (no, please do not ask, there is NO possible way I could be pregnant as I had a partial hysterectomy if you must know) pretty much immediately after I eat. Ill try eating the other foods I usually eat with the eggs alone as well. I know all about testing this stuff out with my sons issues I just wondered if that is something any of you have experienced and what you have done. Thanks:)

Replies

• JenniferMZ
    Options
    I get sulfur burps from eggs, not nice. >_<
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh, thats not so pleasant... I dont think I would EVER eat eggs again if that were the consequence...:)
  • suepeta
    suepeta Posts: 42
    Options
    yep, not always but occasionally a sudden urge to throw up
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    You might be allergic to sulfur!
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ever since my youngest daughter was born(23 years) I've played Russian roulette with them. Sometimes they don't bother me at all and other times I suffer for hours afterwards. It doesn't seem to matter how they are prepared either, poached, boiled, fried in bacon grease, sometimes it's fine and other times not........I did a cleanse in the fall (not sure this is related) but cannot eat them at all any more :( I get sort of nauseous but mostly a dull hard ache in my stomach, sometimes so severe I can't stand straight.....Usually some sort of antacid will help or a fizzy clear pop but not until I have suffered for hours.......they bother me every time I eat them now.....I love eggs and miss them in my diet....a great source of protein.
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This thread seems to have died and I was so hoping someone would have some insight here.....anyone?
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Eggs make me fart.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yep...and an immediate need to throw up. I eat them for about 3 months and then I'll get that bad feeling and won't eat them for months. I recently started again after about a year and a half. I can only cook them myself because they have to be cooked hard. My son was allergic to everything under the sun when he was an infant to about 9. He's now 12 and still has reactions to things here and there but nothing like before.
  • AndreaWyland
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback you guys:) I did my own experiment and havent eaten eggs all week so far, gonna try them tomorrow morning see if its the eggs for sure...Ill let ya guys know:) I usually scramble egg whites and one whole egg with potatoes or hashbrowns or toast, grosses me out to have the yolk runny...
  • AndreaWyland
    Options
    And to regmcc that )what happens to your belly?) is what happens to me if I eat too many blueberries (more than half cup) or raw banana... I dont know what it is!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing...doctor said it was a food sensitivity. If I eat them with something it doesn't bother me as much and it seems rather intermitant. The doctor said that it's not considered a full blown allergy because eggs as ingredients in food don't bother me at all.
  • 07732k4y
    07732k4y Posts: 4
    Options
    I have noticed that only yolks make me feel sick. Whites are ok.
    And the worse nausea is always if I try to have eggs in the morning. (I don't even try any more)

If I have eggs for lunch or dinner, and after eating something else, I don't feel sick. It is a shame eggs are such a great breakfast food.
    So if you are an egg junkie like me, try this.
    Another option is to throw the yolk away and fill the half egg white with something like smoked salmon.
    Or make an omlette out of whites, with a bit of soy flour or/and soy milk. For my taste it makes whites-only omlette taste a bit nicer.

It is strange this yolk sickness, because it have started all of a sudden. I could eat tones of eggs with yolks before.
    This thing does not seem to be an allergy.
    Food allergies usually cause horrible itchy feeling in a throat or a skin rash (someone alergic to soybeans, sesame seeds or walnuts knows the feeling)

So it is more like intolerance.

Yolks do no contain gluten, nor lactose -the most popular foods people are intolerant to,
    so it has to be something else.

I thought may be farmers have recently started to give something to hens which stays in the yolk and makes me sick.
    May be some sort of supplement.
    I have tried eggs from organic store from free range hens, but still the same effect. May be I need to breed my own hens :D

But anyway, not eating yolks does not kill anyone.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    A lot of chickens/laying hens are maintained on fairly massive amounts of antibiotics. I wonder, especially for those that are "intermittently" sensitive, if the underlying problem could be antibiotic sensitivity (as residue levels could be extremely variable). You could get a half dozen organic eggs and see if they have the same effect. (since you don't seem to be allergic in an "anaphylactic" way, worst case scenario would be suffering the same nausea - pick a day where you can sleep through "recovery" for the experiment)
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This happens to me occasionally if I eat eggs but every time if I eat bananas, cantaloupe, honey dew, green peppers, nectarines, almonds, raspberries the lst seems to grow every year.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Eggs give me no problems. I eat 4-6 eggs a day. Some people do have allergies to them though.