owning up to it

Options
okay, so I have gained some weight and need to lose . I am not tall I am right under 5 feet so it shows up fast on me. I would like to lose about 17.50 pounds as that would put me at 103 pounds and that is the weight I was comftable at the last time I was thin! :D
So found this site and started today. Did weight watchers(on my own at home no meetings) in the past and it worked for me. But Just don't want to spend money or count points. Plus most people look at me and laugh when I say I need to lose weight. But I know how I feel at this weight and cholestrol is a problem in my family so I know I have to lose to feel and stay healthy. So okay now must count calories and find foods again to fill me up. Hope to meet some great support here on the site.

Replies

• JonnaM0916
    JonnaM0916 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am right with you because I am pretty small myself. I have always been small but hit 30 and put on 10 lbs YIKES lol! To me I look big because I've never had this much meat on me before. I'm just trying to tighten and tone it all up. Not really lose weight but look better. Everyone always says they wished they could just eat whatever and look like me or wonder why I am working out. I think no matter your size working out is important for your health. :)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1"..so I know your pain!
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    add me if you want
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I'm not quite 5' tall. My "normal" weight was 110 lbs, but I ballooned up to 150. Now I hover between 110 and 115 depending on my level of exercise. I'll send you a friend request..
  • brax657
    brax657 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new and looking for support as well. Add me if you like.
  • loamqueen
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am going to add everyone later. Woke up with a migraine just weighted in and must get my other kid off to school then I will be back on here.
  • spicysweet3
    Options
    I am 5'2" and people think I am nuts when I tell people I have to lose weight too! Everyone always telling me that because I have 3 kids it shouldn't matter as long as I am healthy. That's the point! I am not! My BMI was slightly over and I don't FEEL right at a heavier weight. Plus, I am getting married in October and I gained 14 pounds since I bought my dress! However, I am now only 6 pounds away from where I was when I bought my dress and back to normal BMI. I would like to recommend a book called Hungry Girl 200 recipes under 200 calories. LOVE IT! It's easy and takes all the guess work outta counting calories for you also. It breaks down your serving size, calories, fat, etc. The recipes are soooo yummy! I even get to have chocolate desserts! My kids didn't even know they were eating healthier, and now, they WANT to eat the healthier versions! My fiance....is another story. As of today, (not logged yet) I have lost another two pounds; this book is awesome. Also, try using http://www.calorieking.com for counting calories for you.

Sorry for the long message. In short, you know what is best for you and all you need is support, encouragement, and the motivation to get you there regardless of what anyone thinks. When you are happy with yourself at whatever weight your comfortable with, you shine from the inside out and do better all around. That's what I believe! :)