Yoga NSV!

Options
quiksylver296
quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
Scorpion pose is my nemesis. I have been practicing yoga for approximately two years. A co-worker teaches classes on our lunch breaks on Mondays and Wednesdays. So, approximately 50 minutes twice a week for two years. I have only been able to get up into scorpion pose once (with the instructor's help).

7616cb26-b480-43e4-a52d-98295d8d52af_zps86db5718.jpg (Note: that is NOT me :tongue: )

Today, I got up into scorpion THREE times (still with the instructor's help), but I was super proud of myself. And that was after she made us hold TEN L-shaped arm balance poses in the first half of class. My shoulders were already shot!

4_l_shape_handstand_zps4c405234.jpg (Again, not me.)

I love the strength and improvement I am seeing from yoga! Happy Monday, everybody :drinker:

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Both of those poses are very impressive!
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Feel proud! :)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Brava!!! :flowerforyou:
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    *BUMP* for Yoga successes! I myself had a few this morning, definitely worth celebrating!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! It took me about that long to finally get crow pose :D Keep up the great work!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! It took me about that long to finally get crow pose :D Keep up the great work!

Crow is a tough one, too! I was pretty excited when I got that one.

Thanks, everybody!
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    well done! I love yoga NSV. My latest one was coming into and balancing steady in headstand all by myself tonight. Still too chicken to come out without someone there to watch it but I really felt in control so tomorrow night I'll probably just go for it!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    well done! I love yoga NSV. My latest one was coming into and balancing steady in headstand all by myself tonight. Still too chicken to come out without someone there to watch it but I really felt in control so tomorrow night I'll probably just go for it!

Wow! Can't wait until I can do that!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,253 Member
    Options
    Really great! My yoga group are all oldies, most of us over 60 and some well over 70. I have been going for just over 2 years. I am 63.
    Recently I have lost quite a bit of weight and have been using gym machines. I can now do loads of postures I would never have dreamed of even trying before. I astonish myself every week! Who would have thought it. - I used to be a fat, broken down old crock with dodgy knees, weak wrists, flat feet and much more.
    Hooray for getting fit, however old you are :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Really great! My yoga group are all oldies, most of us over 60 and some well over 70. I have been going for just over 2 years. I am 63.
    Recently I have lost quite a bit of weight and have been using gym machines. I can now do loads of postures I would never have dreamed of even trying before. I astonish myself every week! Who would have thought it. - I used to be a fat, broken down old crock with dodgy knees, weak wrists, flat feet and much more.
    Hooray for getting fit, however old you are :laugh:

That's one of the things I love about yoga. Everyone can work at their own level, pace, ability, etc.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am finding with losing some weight that I'm starting to be able to do things (or do things more comfortably) that I couldn't do before!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's great progress in only 2 years.
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that's an impressive achievement!

Namaste
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!