It's not coming off......

Options
So here I am at week 12, I work out 4-6 days a week for a full hour and intense. I do a mixture of cardio, weights and yoga during the week. My diet is clean and lean. I take supplements and vitamins and drink a ton of water. This exact mixture burned a ton of fat the last time I worked out this hard (few years back, and after a tragic event I gained some weight back) anyway. the scale has not budged! I have been the same weight for 12 weeks and it's not coming off. Does anyone have any advice!? I have an event to attend in 11 weeks. I have been working out so hard for it since the beginning of Feb and at this point I feel like I'm gonna look exactly the same way in 11 weeks because 12 weeks into the routine, I'm no different. Can anyone shed any light at all? I wouldn't quit now, because I can feel my endurance built up but it's getting very discouraging... I would love some help!

Thanks, Melanie

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    You didn't say anything about if you are losing inches. It could be you are gaining muscle first. The scale is only a number. You look great in your picture.

You also mention you were under stress. Is that better now? Stress sometimes makes it more difficlut to lose weight. Not getting enough sleep can be a culprit too. Good luck!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Ignore the scale and keep doing what you're doing! Take a picture of yourself now and then another one in a couple of weeks. Then you can see the results regardless of what the scale says.
  • melpino
    melpino Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you! I took measurements and those aren't changing either! I'm so discouraged I really do want to just give up, I wont!, but my mindset is there. I just hate that I really am trying so hard and I am pushing myself so hard that it should at least LOOK like I've dropped weight. People who see me tell me to keep at it, but you can't even see a difference. I have 30 lbs to drop so its not like I'm at my last 10 with all I've been doing and how good I'm eating you would think if the scale and measurements aren't showing, others would be the tell tale sign and I'm not even getting that. *sigh* I'll take pictures hoping that will help...something's gotta give already!
  • healthy_juls
    healthy_juls Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im having the same problem and posted something along these lines earlier today. Here is the conclusion i have come to with the feedback i received. Either i am not logging/weighing all my food religiously and i am taking in more calories than i think or i am not burning as much as i think. Same boat as you, working out day and night, eating clean, but not losing the weight like i think i should. I am going to get stricter on the logging (sometimes i forget in the evenings) and keep with my workouts. Something has got to give soon! Good Luck! :-) I also got some suggestions that people think im in starvation mode, which i highly doubt. I eat a lot of healthy food and snacks.
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    I can't see your dietary goals, but are you eating ENOUGH calories? Have you calculated your BMR/TDEE? In general, if you calculate an accurate TDEE, subtract 20% and that should be your goal, as long as it's not below your BMR.