before/after pictures from average to thin

Options
I was wondering if anyone has success stories or before/after pictures of them going from an average body to a thin/skinny one? I started at an average weight for my heigh (117 at 5'1") and so the DRAMATIC weight loss pictures aren't very inspiring to me. But I love seeing people who've toned up or gone from being average to skinny!

Thanks ahead of time for sharing!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i would consider myself one of those that went from a average to thinner. i was 142 and now bounce around 116-120. I am 5.2 ft. you can see pics on my profile...
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    bump
  • nickersc1234
    Options
    i would consider myself one of those that went from a average to thinner. i was 142 and now bounce around 116-120. I am 5.2 ft. you can see pics on my profile...

What did you do to loose the weight/ tone? anything dramatic or was is a change over time?
  • tiara107
    Options
    I too am looking for average to thin transformations. It seems much harder to effectively lose weight/tone when you're already somewhat close (10-15 lbs) to your target weight. Anyone have any tips?
  • blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If i would ever manage to learn how to post pics in these forums, i could show you pics before and after with just a 15 pound difference, but it looks much better. i'll work on trying to figure this out! lol
  • lin7604
    Options
    yes i find it harder when you have less to lose and it's a lot harder to notice it. for me it was my eating habits i had to change. I ate like i did when i was 16,lol... i am 36 now. it crept up on my slowly over the years since about age 28. Last oct i knew enough was enough as i was no over weight for my height of 5.2 ft. i was 142. i was max bmi as well. it took a whole year to lose 20 lbs, it came off so slowly that i wanted to give up so many times, but am so glad i didn't. I hit a low of 116 at one point but seem to bounce around 116-120, can't get under 116 at all right now. my goal was 115. I had to LOG everything, measure portions and weigh my food, i realized i was eating way too much. I do exercise but it's nothing extreme or consistent. I go up and down in spurts with it... I did do 30ds 2 months after starting to lose weight, then a few months after that i did rin30. I redid 30ds this aug and started to re do rin30 in sept but gave up and bought slim in 6. I lost almost 5 lbs and brought me to my lowest i have been to in dec after 4 weeks of it. But then at new years i went on a mexican vacation and put 5 lbs on. I have been home just over 1 week now and can't get it off b/c i have TOM coming this thurs... so i would love to get back down to that and then maintain.
  • alltoowell
    alltoowell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I love looking at the pictures under the 0-10 pounds tag on this tumblr

http://before-and-after-pictures.tumblr.com/tagged/10

but it doesn't give very much information. I don't really care about the number on the scale as much as I care about toning and being more lean
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx for posting that. amazing differences... I wish i took better pictures when i started my weight loss. I deleted most b/c i hated how i looked. The ones i do have, arn't the best angles, etc...
  • IkirPaulson
    IkirPaulson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile picture and you'll find what you're looking for. It shows me in October and in March. Nothing crazy or extreme, just me being tired of having to lie down in order to wiggle into my pants. Not only do I not have to struggle to fit my clothes, I might actually need smaller ones!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about the number on the scale as much as I care about toning and being more lean

Maybe I'm missing something, but your tracker says your goal weight is 85lbs? and you want to be lean? Being underweight is a TERRIBLE idea. you won't be able to make 85 AND be lean.

Even at 5'1 85 lbs is way to low.

I have a friend in RL that is 5'2 and lean muscle (doing competition this fall) and weighs in arount 134. And she's not bulky, just VERY toned and defined.
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree, 85 is an excessively low weight unless you are under 5'0" and even then it's very very unhealthy.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about the number on the scale as much as I care about toning and being more lean

Maybe I'm missing something, but your tracker says your goal weight is 85lbs? and you want to be lean? Being underweight is a TERRIBLE idea. you won't be able to make 85 AND be lean.

Even at 5'1 85 lbs is way to low.

I agree ^^ If you wanna be tone then why are you losing more weight? You should be working out to shape your body. Honestly you are at a good weight now. :wink:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was always on the lower end of average weight for my height until I had my son....then I was on the high end of average/healthy weight. I did a rotation of Jillian Michaels dvds and watched what I ate. Lost 15 lbs. Now I just had my daughter 4 months ago so I'm back to where I was and am getting ready to do it again. However, here is the post I made when I reached my goal weight the first time. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247123-15lbs-down-w-embarrassing-underwear-shots-eek?hl=15lbs+down+with+embarrassing
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    These were my before and after pix last year. I am 5'0" and lost 20 lbs. I went from 127 to 107. Since then I have gone up a little in weight because I've been lifting... (I recently I gained a few more extra by accent because I went on a trip working on that again). I currently weigh 113.

7314963180_13777b1db5.jpg
    progress pix by marcia.furman, on Flickr
    7314963634_aac24db23e.jpg
    progress pix by marcia.furman, on Flickr

Like that smurf tramp stamp? LOL!!! It's even been cut by back surgery. :laugh:
  • ToyaXxGreen
    Options
    I went from Over average for my height, (im 5ft 1) I was about a size 12-14, to an 8-6
    I think I was about 12 stone at my highest, I'm now about 8 scales were banned in my house at the time it took about 2years, exercising between 2 and 6 hours a day, but wasnt calorie counting during my major loss so dont know what my intake/output was.
    I just know I stopped eating chocolate and sweets and started walking a lot, I also abused laxatives a bit and screwed up my stomach.

I dont have any pictures of me (as in not with friends) that I could put up of me at tht size where u see my body otherwise I would put a before and after pic up :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You want to get to 6 stone? So you're looking for 'thinspiration', you're on the wrong site, that's not healthy.
  • IkirPaulson
    IkirPaulson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own personal goals. Maybe she set hers as low as she did because she's never been at that weight and doesn't know how it will affect her (good or bad). She might reassess her goals as she gets closer. We can't judge her for her personal goals because we don't know her backstory.
    I agree, 85 is an excessively low weight unless you are under 5'0" and even then it's very very unhealthy.
  • amydionne
    amydionne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok here are my pics I was not obese but I wasn't skinny. I am almost 5"7 was 187 in December and today 142. Sorry they are kind of uneven still getting used to this...

8631760035_86ded3e61a.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!