Warrior Dash!

Options
Hello all!

I signed up for a warrior dash in June! Just wondering people's thoughts about it! I'm really excited but am curious how to train for it besides being able to run the 3.5 miles.

Replies

• ElenaTS
    ElenaTS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know they change depending on the location, but mine in Nor Cal had a lot of climbing and pulling yourself over stuff. It's not hardcore, so you will see plenty of people walking, walk/jogging and then running. But if I had to do it all over again, I would def work on my upper body strength more for climbing the walls and scaling the ropes and stuff.

just an FYI...some things to think about taking with you- At ours, there was just a fire truck with a hose and people tried to stand under it to get the mud off. it doesn't work well. And the later your heat time, the MORE people that are all crowded trying to get a spray of the water. Doesn't work well. Luckily we knew ahead of time and read some posts on stuff to bring. You can go back to your car after to change so this is what was in our trunk

Fill some big jugs with water. Just plain old tap water. Once you get to your car, you can can use the jugs to rinse the mud off of you (bring some old rags to try to wipe the mud and stuff off as you're rinsing. baby wipes too you have them.

Big beach or bath towels. Pretty much everyone is changing out of their clothes in the parking lot. My husband and I took turns holding a towel around the other at the back of the car, while we changed.

Hefty or garbage bags-once you change-and you will want to change out of as much as you can, shoes and socks included-throw EVERYTHING into the big garbage bags. makes it easy to just dump it all in the washing mashine and so it's not everywhere in your car.

i think we had ziploc bags too, but I am not sure what for.

Good luck and have fun!!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    BUMP!

I am signed up for the warrior dash on july 28th in michigan! I chose to be a St. Jude warrior though and am trying to raise the $300 so I will have access to private showers and free food/drink! I am in decent shape and I know I can run over 3 miles , but i'm pretty nervous about doing it on what is probably going to be a bazillion degree day! lol
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did my first last summer, and it was a blast! I agree with Elena, in that there were a lot of hills to climb and run up, and lots of pulling yourself up onto things. I didn't train for the Warrior Dash, per se, but just did my normal weight training, including push ups and occasional runs. I will work more on running hills before this years, I think. It was so much fun, it didn't seem that hard at all!

One other note, the later your start time, the muddier the trail is, and the more difficult it is to run. If you can get an early start time, take it!