I need devoted friends!

Options
I'm really in need of some friends to help keep me motivated and to help motivate. I'm 24 and I started my journey in 2009 at 200 lbs. I got down to 157 lbs by the beginning of 2011, but I've gotten back up to 180 lbs (well, 179... I'm gonna hold on to that damn 7 if I can help it!! I never wanna see 8 again!) My goal is to get to 135. I'm 5'7". I've always been chubby, so when I got to 157, I was feeling amazing! I started dating my now fiance in 2010 and we've both gained some weight with all the eating at restaurants and everything. I'm ready to actually do this. I'm also starting a paleo diet today (it won't be 100% paleo though) and I'm looking for people around my age who I can relate to and become friends with.

:)

Emily

Replies

• RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey Emily,

First, congraulations on getting engaged, that is beautiful!

My name is Rachael, I'm 26 years old and I am looking to lose 50 pounds to be at 125 (I'm only 5'2", but I'm naturally curvy!). I'm not doing a paleo diet, I LOVE meat just too much, but I would love to encourage each other! I've only been on MFP for a week and having other people to support me on here is probably the only reason I keep coming back! One day, I want to post in the success stories message board. :D

Hope to see you around!

Rach
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    I have a similar goal . In 5"0" I started at 170 I'm 160 now n I wanna start dropping this and get back to my goal of 140-145.!!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Hey Emily,

My name is Rachael, I'm 26 years old and I am looking to lose 50 pounds to be at 125 (I'm only 5'2", but I'm naturally curvy!). I'm not doing a paleo diet, I LOVE meat just too much, but I would love to encourage each other! I've only been on MFP for a week and having other people to support me on here is probably the only reason I keep coming back! One day, I want to post in the success stories message board. :D

Hope to see you around!

Rach
    Me to :) this place is the only reason I've lost the 10 pound I did . I love it
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • KatieMacLellan
    Options
    Hey feel free add to me.
  • cinpc850
    cinpc850 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 29 and can understand completely what you're going through. I'd lost over 60 pounds about 3 yrs ago and then had 2 babies back to back. I am not struggling to drop the pregnancy weight and hopefully an extra 40 pounds if possible. My diet, which I consider a lifestyle change; is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free for the most parts. I'll have days where I'm running errands around town with the babies all day and no time to go home and prepare my whole foods from scratch so I'll compromise and give in a little by picking up a salad with some vinagrette. My friends are the ones that told me about my fitness pal and now that I have finally joined it seems none of them have even logged on in weeks so I can't even get them to accept a friend request. So, in other words I'm in need of friends on here to keep me motivated.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    If you're devoted, add meeeee. :)
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm devoted
  • CareyE81
    CareyE81 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new to this site as well and looking for motivated people to work with to get me back to where I was ...
    Feel Free to add me... :smile:
  • BLBrinegar
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and devotion to bettering yourself! Feel free to add me, as I'm looking for some devoted pals as well! I just started a week ago and I lost 2.2 pounds! Just changing my eating habits a day at a time has really helped!
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the middle of my journey the hard part lol so I am all for add people who are there and really committed
  • misskelly03
    Options
    I too am in need of some devoted and motivating friends! I am also 5'7 and weigh a little more then you do. I weigh 186 and am just starting out today on my weighloss/health increase journey. I am hoping to get to about 145. Good luck with your journey!!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    Hey There!

I'm 6 foot...yikes ik! I have about 70-80lbs left to lose. I love encouraging friends and ones that can give me fun new recipies (I'm vegetarian). I am one who will tell it like it is if when a person gets frustrated if they are not losing weight. If you're looking for an encouraging friend who tells it like it is, feel free to add me! Congrats on the engagement! Wedding planning is stressful and fun! (just got married in Oct)
  • sammiehof
    sammiehof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for only two weeks and i am completely devoted there's no giving up or giving in! I started putting on a lot of weight as a teenager is wasn't until I was nearly 20 I decided enough was enough I met my fiancé and finally lost all the extra weight was looking and feeling great then I fall pregnant had two baby's back to back and added two of me, i'm only 5" . anyone please feel free to add me also as MFP is really keeping me going.im hoping to reach my goal weight by December 31st!
  • MissPerfect2012
    MissPerfect2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25 years old and i was 10st and 140lbs when i was 17 years old over the past 8 years with a lot happening in life and stuff i'm now 16st 4 and 228lbs, i want to get down to 10st i've got in the habit of eating bad foods over the years and find it hard to be strict with myself find it a lot easier when other people in the house are doing it too
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    you can add me as well, I am clearly not your age I am a 40 year old mom but I am a very young 40 year old! I work out 6x a week and eats very clean and gluten free (I am celiac), I make all my food from scratch and take what goes in my mouth as the fuel for my body very seriously.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    More than happy to support! Totally looking for some more active devoted friends on my list!
  • a_hood89
    a_hood89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me, I'm looking for some more devoted friends on here as well! I'm in a similar situation as you and need to become inspired again.

P.S. That goes to anyone :p We can do this together!
  • Steve3527
    Options
    Rejoined my fitness pal. So feel free to add me and I'll add you. We can help each other!
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    Hey Emily,

Hope to see you around!

Rach

thanks!! btw... Paleo is not meat free. meat is like the main part of a paleo diet. lol