again... (rant)

Options
You think I would know that I can't do this on my own…
I do great for a while with out MFP but I just fall off again
Maybe it's time to deal with the life long process of being healthy
I am a yoyo dieter and I don't want to be any more
I haven't wanted to be like this for a long time
Assess what is important to me: my health my children my husband my family MYSELF
What is working against me: my disease my family history my school & time
My problems: emotional eater sweets beer fast food junk food cravings body image issues

I am not helpless
I will not wish anymore
I need to do this for me
Do whatever it takes
Get in the habit of eating healthy
Get in the habit of exercise
Get in the habit of loving myself

I can do this
It will just take time
I might stumble but at least I have ppl like you to push and motivate me
I'm not alone
I'm not the only one struggling

I love u MFP

Replies

• faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, you said "Maybe it's time to deal with the life long process of being healthy"

That's the key and you can do it! Think... HEALTHY, FIT, ALIVE... a different you. Might take time, but keep having that vision! It may well be someone you have never envisioned!

Lot's of cool people here to help you along the way. Do it!!!!
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think the best part is to "get in the habit of loving myself". YOU are worth more than just being "skinny" or a size "smaller than now"! You are worthy of HEALTH and HAPPINESS! Go for it girl! You hit the nail on the head when you said you aren't alone: we all have our own issues, but there is always a place like MFP to rant to and show you that you are not only not alone, but you are NEVER alone! Best wishes and huggggssss!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Gosh you sound like me. Lol. I still havent gotten into the mind set that this is a "life long" thing but im getting there slowly. I've stopped trying to starve myself into my "skinny" jeans and now try to eat at least a little healthier thanks to mfp. So im sure you can do it if you stick to this site.
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    You are smarter than you realize. You have just conquered what most will never get. It is not about loosing weight, but about being healthy. We were designed and created differently. Some are skinny and unhealthy, some are heavy and healthy. Yeah, we all like to see that scale move - I am a slave to it! But I have discovered along my journey as an aerobics instructor - SIZE DOES NOT MATTER! I go to these conferences and EVERYBODY is thin, they look at me with shear curiosity! Then, the music starts and they are blown away BY ME!!

So, all negativity is out! We are at MFP because: 1. We need help to stay on track, 2. We need/want the support of others, and we recognize that we can not do this without # 1 and #2!!
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    awww i love you guys and thanks for the support :)
    \