NOTHING works!

Options
2»

Replies

• ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It says in your profile that you were recently diagnosed with underactive thyroid by your doctor. Are you taking medication for that?
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself? You could be losing inches if you are working out.
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    Honestly, I think you will need to add exercise to jump start your metabolism and begin strengthening muscle. However, I think you should get your knee checked out and wait to it is healed fully, so you can get the maximum out of working out.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No offense; but you aren't exactly eating healthy. Lots of candy, chips, cheese - over on carbs many days. I'd try to eat some veggies and more healthy foods. Just because you didn't go over on your calories,doesn't mean that food is good for you. You aren't giving your body what it needs nutritionally. Just my 2cents:).
  • sammichPG
    sammichPG Posts: 30
    Options
    Sunglasses don't work.

Cutting bread with a door stopper doesn't work.

Sitting down doesn't work

Tape measurement doesn't work

Cleavage doesn't even work.

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS.
    You must buy this thing.

SoPb9TU.jpg

this deserves a 8/10 just for the effort, well played sir
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No offense; but you aren't exactly eating healthy. Lots of candy, chips, cheese - over on carbs many days. I'd try to eat some veggies and more healthy foods. Just because you didn't go over on your calories,doesn't mean that food is good for you. You aren't giving your body what it needs nutritionally. Just my 2cents:).

I was going to say the same thing. Adding in more healthy foods will help.
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You guys have all offered great suggestions.

Currently, I have been weighing everything. I bought a food scale and have been religious about weighing things (I even got my husband to help me with it). It's just discouraging. I know that "slow and steady wins the race", but I just feel like I've been slow and not so steady.

I'll try to stick with it and try some of the things some of you have suggested. Thanks!
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Trying staying consistent with one plan... also, why is 3 pounds in 2 months bad? thats about .5 of a pound a week
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sunglasses don't work.

tumblr_inline_mjxw3jSFEw1qz4rgp.gif

Cutting bread with a door stopper doesn't work.

tumblr_mcir1uXrfH1rjadewo1_250.gif

Sitting down doesn't work

tumblr_min2qw5VTb1rnoiqoo1_400.gif

Tape measurement doesn't work

tumblr_mk6fxbNidC1rozztto1_400.gif

Cleavage doesn't even work.

tumblr_mglj69BHjq1qdlh1io1_400.gif

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS.
    You must buy this thing.

tumblr_inline_mfpg124JCt1qjar37.gif
    OMG!!! Why didn't anyone tell me this earlier!!!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you are taking medication for an underactive thyroid, it takes about 6 months to stabilise your metabolism. I also agree with the other posts about measuring and weighing every food item religiously. I didn't realise how much I was underestimating my portion sizes until I became strict with measuring!
    Good luck and stick with the system.....it works! I started the journey in a wheelchair and have a few metabolic issues but give it some time, be strict and it will work!
  • axgman
    axgman Posts: 9
    Options
    Suggest looking closely at what your eating, not so much on caloric intake. Try the following ratio 20% carbs, 50% protein, 30% fat.

1) No sugars or starch, no bread , no potatoes, no carrots. Your carbs should only come from fresh veggies.
    2) Protein for the morning meal (I use a protein shake); Coffee or tea. Make sure your protein has no sugar and low carbohydrate content.
    3) Protein (4 oz lean meat, chicken or fish, or another shake) plus 2 cups vegetables at lunch (I ususally have a big salad with oil and vinegar)
    4) Protein snack (I usually have a protein shake)
    5) Protein (4-8 oz lean meat, chicken or fish) plus 2 cups vegetables at dinner.
    6) Min 8 cups of water every day
    7) NO eating after 2 hours to bedtime.

You WILL lose weight. FAST

Once you get to your goal, add a starch and a piece of fruit to the morning meal (only) and you can substitute an egg or some lean meat for the protein.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Beth, first of all I would like to say well done for allowing your diary to be open for people to look at, it takes courage x

As others have pointed out it is a bit ` all over the place` and some of the choices are a little not the best choices you could make?

But you have lots of answers to your question and it is just a matter of tidying up your diary and making better choices.

Decide if you are going to go with the MFP plan after you have entered all your data and give it time to work or go with whatever TDEE and go with that?

You will lose weight if you are consistent with which way you decide to follow.

Remember to walk/strength train along with it or you will be back in a few months asking how to tone up too!

Good luck you can do it x
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the others on cleaner eating. Training your body to be happy with fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean meats will help you a lot in your journey toward a healthier you. Staying under calories but making poor nutritional choices leaves your body malnourished and tired. Give 'clean eating' 1 week and see if it makes you feel better. Usually once you get a good start it's easier to stay motivated and keep the momentum.

I also agree that adding a low impact exercise like swimming or biking (possibly elliptical trainer depending on how bad your knee is) and taking your hypothyroid meds religiously will help also.

It sounds like you knew that losing weight was not going to be an easy task, which is good, because it isn't - for anyone. So continue to be patient. 3 lbs is a great start! This community is here to support, encourage and help you - so come here for support anytime you need it! Someone will be logged on to cheer you on :)
  • Milla098
    Milla098 Posts: 9
    Options
    It's only been two months. Looking through your diary things seem a little inconsistent. Why are you only eating ~600 calories on some days? Are you not logging everything?

ETA: Why are your carbs set so low and your fats set so high??

Increase your GOOD CARBS, decrease your FATS= BINGO!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    this deserves a 8/10 just for the effort, well played sir

10/10 from me.

That was awesome.
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    exercise . eat healthy . fruits and veggies and lean meeeat . no faty stuff . and cooking and playing u should not count it as exercise . go to the gym . ask someone . yu can work out with hands and core as well. try harder . you are not trying yet