Joannie's Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Options
JoannieJenkins
JoannieJenkins Posts: 19 Member
For when you just HAVE to have a cookie, here is a healthier alternative. Filling & yummy!

5 tbs Margarine
1 3.9oz container of Unsweetened Applesauce
2/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
4 tbs Egg Whites
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
1 pinch Salt
1 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Rolled Oats
2 cups Craisins (or chopped cranberries)

Makes 36 cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Blend butter & sugar until fluffy. Add applesauce, eggs & vanilla and mix well.
In a seperate bowl sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Stir into margarine mixture. Stir in the oats. Fold in the craisins.
To measure I use a silverware tablespoon and scrape it on the bowl. So, not 'heaping'.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, spaced about 2" apart.

Bake 10 - 12 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges are crisp and the centers appear dry. Cool on wire racks & enjoy!!

This is in the database under "Joannie's Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies".

Nutrition Information:
36 Servings

Calories per serving: 76.8
Total Fat: 1.5g
Sat. Fat: 0.3g
Poly Fat: 0.3g
Mono Fat: 0.4g
Cholesterol: 0.0mg
Sodium: 94.1 mg
Potassium: 26.5mg
Total Carbs: 16.6g
Fiber: 1.4
Sugars: 9.9
Protein: 1.4
Vit A: 2.4%
Vit B-6: 2.9%
Calcium: 1.7%

Replies

• CarpeDiem10
    Options
    edit
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    OMG these sound soooooo good...I snagged it and thanks for posting this...I am gonna try them out when ever this weather gets cooler...

Hugz
    Giz
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joannie:tongue:
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post they sound really yummy!
  • JoannieJenkins
    Options
    They are REALLY good! Word of advice. After you make them, do NOT keep them on the counter. Store them in ziplock bags or a sealable container out of sight. They are way too easy to just grab. Make it a conscious decision to have one, and plan it before hand in your diary day.

Y'all need to let me know how they turn out!! 8)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    They are REALLY good! Word of advice. After you make them, do NOT keep them on the counter. Store them in ziplock bags or a sealable container out of sight. They are way too easy to just grab. Make it a conscious decision to have one, and plan it before hand in your diary day.

Y'all need to let me know how they turn out!! 8)

Thank you for the warning and security instructions G/F :wink: :tongue:
    They will come in handy.

I think when I make them I will give some away and freeze some that always works for me.:laugh: I love baking for ppl and always have, far more than eating the stuff. Haven't baked in ages though, guess it's one of those things I've put aside for safety reasons, just in case I don't get them out of my house fast enough. lol
  • JoannieJenkins
    Options
    I hear ya Becca.. one of my favorite things to do is cake decorating. Now that Dwight and I aren't eating cake I haven't had much practice 8/
    Was going to mention freezing, but I've never done it and don't know how they'd hold up. Will letcha know though cus I'm freezing some tonight 8) hugsssssssssssss
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump. i bake & freeze cookies often & haven't had any problems yet.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy! Thanks so much for sharing. I've never been a fan of just plain old chocolate chip cookies, so anytime I see oatmeal cookies, I perk up ;-) Can't wait to make these!
  • Garcialynne
    Options
    BUMP
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bumpin Joannie's cookies:tongue:
  • JoannieJenkins
    Options
    Whooo hoooooo!! **puts on some funky music n does the bump** hehehee Thanks y'all. I was going to freeze some from this batch to try it out, but I've been giving them away to friends so maybe next time. I think they will freeze really well too. I am just reluctant to suggest anything I haven't tried myself. Thanks for your feedback. 8)
  • MandyKayFrench
    MandyKayFrench Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome - I just found this post and I'm excited to try them out!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bump