peanut butter lovers

Options
just for fun, whats the most you've eaten in one day?
I used to take spoons and spoons full as a kid. But as far as tracking, the most I've had is 4 tbsp in one day.

This may sound silly, but is it okay to get almost all my fats from PB? If it fits into my cals and macros, is it okay to have, say, 5 tbsp per day?

Replies

• thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    lol no one else likes PB?
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I usually do 2tbs in a day with breakfast
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    at least 2 tbsp in my protein shake post work out
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If Reese's counts, then an entire package of Reese's minis, back in the day.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Of course it's ok if it fits in your calories and macros. I eat 40 grams of it every day! Yum!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I used to practically life on the stuff in college. I have 32 grams now pretty much daily with my afternoon apple. Switched it up today and just had some almonds though...all we had was my wife's PB which has too much sodium. I prefer no salt PB...sodium is just killer on my hypertension.
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend will sit and eat my brand new jar by the spoonful

while im sleeping

and he still has abs

i hate him for that
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFK2kNhflSX5aGXd44ShC0J5DggOqbcCkqOz_kG9k8NK9NhOnD
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    1.5 tbsp daily although I still want more.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If Reese's counts, then an entire package of Reese's minis, back in the day.

I did this about 2 months ago! I felt absolutely DREADFUL. However I didn't just eat those, it was a massive binge day. I usually go off a certain food for a while after that kind of binge. The annoying thing is, I discovered a leftover cup the next day, still ate it. Liked it. Little sh*ts.

Oh and, a good half a jar of value crunchy peanut butter (cheapest kind, all sugar) mixed with chocolate sauce. It doesn't seem like much, but this is why I can't have PB in my university house.

I know the right kind of PB is brilliant for you, if you can resist overindulging. I can't, so for now, no PB for me. Before anyone comments on this, it isn't self deprivation; I don't feel deprived for not having it, I feel happy to wait until I haven't exhibited binge eating behaviour for a long enough time. THEN COMES THE PB
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend will sit and eat my brand new jar by the spoonful

Mine tried that yesterday with a brand new jar of my special Planter's Nutrition. He got ONE spoonful in before I shut that particular operation down. He was about to put the spoon he ate off of back into my jar and I took it away from him. I told him I will buy him his own jar and put his name on it and he can do as he pleases with it. But NOT mine.

I eat it one TBSP at a time. Either I'm using 1 tbsp on my apple pieces, or 1 tbsp over 2 ricecakes... stuff like that. But I might have it 2 or 3 times in a day. Yesterday I had apple / peanut butter twice and then again with breakfast today
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter! I have it every single day. Up to 4 TBS and have to make myself stop. I believe I could eat the whole jar daily.
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was right on track today on calories, and then I read these posts about PB... now I have to exercise off 2 Tbs worth... it's so great!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I use at least 3tbsp every time I make PB&J, and have easily had 4-5tbsp in a day. I have actually contemplated sitting down to see how much I could eat before I got sick of it, but I am afraid I would eat the whole jar.

I heart peanut butter!
  • healthyk96
    Options
    I am such a sucker for pb. Spreads in general but it all starts with good old smooth peanut butter! My fave; Spoon of pb and then dive into the nutella. This is ruining me... I have never ever measured pb out or incorporated it into a meal bcause i know i couldnt handle the temptation of eating 1/2 jar.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I can't keep PB in the house -- it's a major weakness of mine and I eat way too much of it when I do ... when I measure I'm all like "ohhh that's BASICALLY 2 tablespoons..." when it's probably more like 4............ :(
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter, especially plain. I'll usually have a couple spoonfuls per week. Now when I was pregnant I craved it like a junkie. I'd bring the jar and a spoon to my desk at work and eat it all day. I recently estimated I consumer roughly 30,000 calories in peanut butter while I was pregnant. :blushing:
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    the other day my bf and i pretty much finished a whole jar.
    were mostly vegan and use it as a main protein source.
    and had the munchies.
    but it was delicious and no regrets were given.
  • Purplewaxhand
    Options
    I used to get either the large bag of peanut butter M&MS or the party size of peanut butter M&Ms every time I went grocery shopping.
    Now they are banned from the house until I get down to my weight goal of 115 pounds.