IMPORTANT QUESTION?!

Options
will walking an hour a day everyday at a normal to fast pace make me lose alot of weight? plus i'm going to eat very healthy and i walked for 3.5 miles today in an hour

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Don't over do it. Focus on your diet.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    probably not but slashing your caloric intake would.
  • LovesDoctorWho
    Options
    Yes! Walking is good for you! I walk at a 3.0 speed me being so short thats fast for my strides..
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started with walking and lowering my caloric intake and I've lost weight - any exercise will burn calories, whether it is enough to make up for eating too many calories depends on the amount you are eating and the amount of exercise! Exercise is great for other stuff though, feeling good, retaining muscle, being healthier and stronger...
  • maureen879
    Options
    i'm only 5'1 and i weigh about 147 my goal is to be 110 so i will walk an hour a day at a normal to fast pace and i will lose alot of weight :) that way and i'll eat very less and healthy
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    If you watch your diet too then yes, this will work at first.

But after a certain amount of time you will 'plateau' and your walking won't do anything anymore. At that point you'll have to change something to increase intensity (speed up, add weight, walk even longer, start jogging for 2 mins, etc).

Our bodies quickly adapt to physical activity so it's important to switch things up if you want to continue to see results.

Emmalee :smile:
  • allaura27
    allaura27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well i must say i been on this weight loss journey for a while ... i think you have to find out what works best for you .. I have lost 30 pounds to date with 12 more to go to reach my goal.. i lost about 10 pounds walking and counting calories but the rest depended on focus dedication and eating right
  • maureen879
    Options
    when will i platue (sorry can't spell)