shameful

Options
Well yesterday i really did horribly! My family had a barbeque and i probably gained the four pounds i lost last week back and so today i was really motivated .......i ate a good breakfast and started off with a good lunch but then my family started eating ice cream(my weakness) and then my m,om warmed up the bbq ribs(my other weakness) from last night and then to make a long story short i just went way over board with the food............but i dont want to stay in this rut so thats why i'm writing about it.......this is what always happens to me and i dont want to continue this horrible cycle...............ANY ADVICE??:noway:

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I had a bad eating weekend too, but I am going to hop back up and go running here in a few minutes. I've been doing well with food today too. We all have our "off" days, but you just have to get back up and keep going. This is a lifestyle change. There will be both ups and downs. You can do it!
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Do a DVD workout and call it a day! Don't feel bad about an off day, we all need a cheat day- call it that and get back on the bandwagon this week! Keep drinking that water to help you feel full for those cheat days, so you don't end up eating as much.

And one day of BBQ won't cause 4 lbs of weight gain! :)
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    me too.....best thing to remember is that you're not alone! We all have our bad days (or cpl of bad days) especially around the holidays when we all get together for cookouts and such! So......tomorrow is a new day...the left-overs should be gone and we just need to get back on it!!!
  • fansntt
    fansntt Posts: 19
    Options
    You are not alone, my advise is that you tell the people around you to help you to stay on track. But as the saying "The only one that can care about you is you."

I know is very hard based in my own experience. In my house every body loves to eat. Our greeting is not "Hello" But "Did you eat yet?" or "Do you want to eat this or that?..... They ask me these two question every time they see me and they insist.

3 years ago I lost over 100Lbs because I had a job that required a lot of physical activity and I was able to resist to the temptation of fatty foods. Now that I have a desk job for 10 hrs a day I gained 30 lbs and I must rely in watching out for my calories intakes.
  • MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    First off, and I want u to really listen to me here ....

Its O.K.

There is no need to feel ashamed. Moderation is key; even moderation. Yesterday was a HOLIDAY. We're suppose to enjoy days like yesterday with food, family, and happiness. So what? yesterday was your cheat day! we are all allowed to have some.

Hop right back on the bandwagon tomorrow and keep a tally of your intake, and if you feel that bad, throw in another day at the gym...but don't punish yourself!
  • fansntt
    fansntt Posts: 19
    Options
    Plus, instead of seen that as shameful, you can use it as what I just read about Zig Zag calories :bigsmile:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I agree with not feeling ashamed and give yourself the day (or days). Holidays are so hard and even harder when celebrating with family but it is only a moment in the big part of your life. I find it helpful to do my best and figure out what I ate and get a rough estimate on my most horrible days. It is usually shocking but it allows me to own it, forgive myself, and then move on. I have found this helps me to stop continuing with my pig out and get back on track. The only thing that saved me this weekend was the stomach flu:sick: Because otherwise I had some big plans for celebrating:laugh:
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is get back on track and don't let two days turn into 3 or 4. You will feel better after a couple days back on track. Also... maybe you should have a talk with your family about being more supportive of your needs. If that doesn't work keep some low calorie ice cream or something you like just as much on hand. As for the ribs... it's okay to have some. Just figure out how many calories you want to spend on them. Once you figure that out you will see you can still enjoy your favorite foods in moderation. You can do this. I know you can because I am doing it. If I can... seriously, anyone can!
  • OnieBee
    OnieBee Posts: 67
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning (I have an unhealthy obsession) and my indulgence from Saturday came back to bite me… 3lbs gain!!!! I had been doing so well, but then came the holiday and my daughter’s birthday. First, I started off having a glass of wine which then led to 2 more glasses of wine which then led to my thought process being impaired and the cake I so proudly fought off the day before lured me in… It happens, but the most important thing is to get back on track. Try not to let the guilt take over and start on a week-long binge, speaking from experience it’s easy to do.
  • vbanuelos88
    Options
    THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH..........YOU ARE ALL SO AWESOME AND SUPPORTIVE!I AM SO THANKFUL I FOUND THIS WEBSITE!!!:love:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    You can always work off what you eat. I have good days and bad eating, but I make it a point to work it all off when I eat too much. You don't have to do it all at once either. Add an extra 10 -15 minutes to your workout and make up the calories over a week.
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    Moderation is the key, if you deprive yourself all the time then you just get miserable! If you work these thing s into your eating plan along with exercise then you can eat foods that you like, but not a whole pot of ice cream or finish off the whole plate of ribs!

Fill up with healthy fruit and veg on your plate and then the treats taste all the better as you don't beat yourself up about it the next day.

Also I find that the word cheat is a negative word that then makes me feel negative about my eating, so I factor in holiday events, BBQ's and get in the lower fat turkey sausages.

You have to do this for yourself, you cant expect all around you to change how they are to suit your eating plans. BUT there are healthier choices around for BBQ's , take along some off your own, grilled turkey breasts, lower fat sausages, fish!
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One (or two) bad days is not going to negate all of the hard work you've been doing! Don't dwell on them, just get up this morning and start your routine back up. All will be well!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that ,I was once told if you had a bunch of flowers if one died you would`nt throw the bunch out would you ?
    So just write today off and start afresh tomorrow ,or if your in the mood now after all these posts go for a nice long walk ,I always watch some type of diet programme ,really motivates me when I see how much people have lost ,or just look at all the succsses on here there brilliant :flowerforyou: :smile: