Calories-- quantity v. qualities

Options
2»

Replies

• Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    No fat Ruffles that are 70-80 calories for a normal sized serving. With home made french onion dip. I can have chips and dip for under 100 calories!

Just curious... do you experience any of the side effects from eating those chips?!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    To me it's like... what do I believe humans have evolved to eat? Chocolate, icecream and potato chips? Or fruit, vegetables, nuts, fish etc etc?

I don't mean that in a religious "let's all beat ourselves up over an icecream we just ate" way... but I think we are so adjusted to a really wacky modern way of eating that we're failing to see what's pretty obvious.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump, really enjoy reading everyone's opinions on this matter.
  • Troutman
    Troutman Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes you will lose weight. Cut 3,500 calories & you have one pound. Go for it. Once in a while I will eat only candy & ice cream for the day. I feel like crap by the end of the day. I will usually lose weight, because I have the calories I'm suppose to have.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Not as long as I limit my servings to 1 or 2. I have never tried more.
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    I think that dieting or eating healthy is 100% mental and different for everyone. I know tons of people that would eat twice as much low cal ice cream as they would justify it as healthier. In the end you must eat the nutrients your body needs and stay within your cal range and if you can do this and still eat the bad foods without derailing yourself that's great. If you find yourself binging it is probably because you aren't eating correctly.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I eat as healthfully as possible and yes, that includes the snacks that I love. If I want to have a bit of ice cream, then I will have it (and it will be the full fat, high calorie, real kind-think Haagan Dazs Five or Talenti gelato). I just make room for it with a little extra exercise or cutting back on something else. As long as it's in my calorie range for the day and I truly crave it then I will eat it. I eat pretty 'cleanly' and am a vegetarian so most of my foods are nutritionally dense and pretty low in calories so I still get the full feeling with not so much quantity without denying myself some treats at least 2-3 days a week. Life is about living and life without treats isn't worth living at all.