I am new. Hello everyone *waves*

Options
My name is Connie, and I live in Glen Burnie, MD. I am small for my age (38) and stand at 4'8". Last night I was laying in bed and said to myself that I do not like who I have become. I weigh 163.5 as of this morning and my doctor has been hounding me about losing weight. She thinks I should be about 89 lbs! I am going to try to do this right this time.

I even bought a belly dancer outfit today to hang on the wall as motivation. I have always wanted to wear one at the Renaissance Festival.

Back on topic... I am now facing being put on other meds due to my weight. I still have a problem with my foot once in awhile since I broke it about 14 years ago (I have inserts so i am 4'9" wearing shoes. YAY!). Last year I had my thyroid removed.

I would love to meet some people in my area that I could get to know or even people on here who can help me say no to that candy bar that haunts me when I am upset. I hope to make my doctor proud of me and to feel better about myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a great evening.

Replies

• janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi Connie :) Congrats on taking the step to make changes! Feel free to add me if you like :) I login to MFP daily and try to be very supportive to my friends.
  • esarinx
    esarinx Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I joined last year, but most of my friends are not consistent. I could use more friends that are more active. If you want to motivate one another, I sent you a friend request.
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome! I'm not in your area but if you want a friend for support I'd be happy to help! I login daily and try to comment on as many people as possible. I always accept new friends. :)