What's your daily water intake?

Options
goal30Lori
goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
MFP recommends at least 8 cups of water each day. That means eight, 8oz glasses, meaning 64oz per day, right? I'm getting about 50oz per day, and sometimes more... but I pee ALL the time! Does this get better after your body adjusts to that much water? Does that mean I am having too much for my body?

How many oz do you drink per day, and does it affect you if you have too much? Too little?

TIA!

Lori.

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz water bottle and I try to drink 3 of them while I am at work, then I will drink some more when I get home, but I don't worry about the number since I am sure I am way over. I have been doing this since April and I have found that I don't have to urinate as much as I did at first and that I really miss the water when I don't drink it. I would suggest buying a big water bottle since this makes it much easier to drink it all.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Your body will adjust to the higher levels of water and you will see a reduction in the amount you pee! :embarassed:

I drink at least 5 pints of water a day...many people suggest that you should drink half your weight in water as water requirements will alter from person to person due to differing sizes!

Dont ever FORCE yourself to drink water though, just drink moderately and at a slow pace...don't try and get all your water intake in a couple of hours. LISTEN to your body!

The weight really does fall off (in the healthiest possible way) when you are consuming enough water...it's fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    88 oz here. My daughter read you should drink 1/2 your weight every day. (64 ) min.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I drink upwards of a gallon a day on days when I work out extra hard, and my body has adjusted. But I find also that how often I go is affected by how fast I drink. If I sip it slowly throughout the day, I don't have problems with having to run to the potty. I tend to chug it, though, and when I do, I go two or three times in the next couple hours. I think it's like pouring too much water into a potted plant too quickly. Some of it overflows.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Im lucky to get in 24 oz. I have a high milk and apple juice intake but I have a really have caloric alotment per day. They are changing the food guide here to say you should have 8 glasses of fluid. Too much water is bad for you. I wouldnt want to see how much salt I would have to have if I drank 155oz of water
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I drink at least 12 and sometimes 16 eight ounce glasses of water a day. I find that I drink 8 glasses with my workout in the morning. I'm able to do more intense exericse when I'm hydrated. I do have to pee less now than when I started, but I do feel the effects of dehydration more if for some reason I don't get to drink at least 12 glasses. i also sweat more with my workouts and water totally kills my appetite, which makes it easier to stay within my calorie range without being hungry.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I do try and drink the eight 8oz glasses of water a day (make sure you measure because, I thought I wasn't drinking enough until I started measuring, most of the glasses I have hold a lot more than 8oz but that was all I was counting)...also make sure to add ice....I have heard your body must warm the water first, thus burning a few more calories (probably just an old wives tall)...anyhow, when I do the WED, and SAT challanges, I usually drink more but only because my body craves more because I am usually excercising more on those days.....hope this helps!!!! :bigsmile:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I don't drink plain water, it's usually something like Volvic touch of Strawberry or touch of Lemon and LIme. I do always take a pint of fruit juice to have beside my bed at night, I can sometimes wake up several times and many a time I have drunk it all gradually with none left in the morning.

If we talk about fluids in total however, I just added it up and it's around 100oz.

I hope they do change it to fluids instead of just water.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I have always tried to drink about 1/2 my weight. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz. a day. It seems like its hard at first, but if you are like the old me, I drank so much other stuff (cokes) that 100 oz. of liquid a day isn't that much. I think I probably drink more than what I should, but if I am thirsty I drink, I never force myself to drink water just to hit the 8 cups mark.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to get in 8 glasses of 8oz. It does get a little boring with just plain water.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It's almost 8:00 PM over here and no joke, all day I've only had about 12 ounces of water. That's it. Just 12 ounces of water. No juice, no soda.... Just the water. I'd bet I'd lose so much more if I drank the recommended amount, but I just can't. :( I don't drink very much.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends at least 8 cups of water each day. That means eight, 8oz glasses, meaning 64oz per day, right? I'm getting about 50oz per day, and sometimes more... but I pee ALL the time! Does this get better after your body adjusts to that much water? Does that mean I am having too much for my body?

How many oz do you drink per day, and does it affect you if you have too much? Too little?

TIA!

Lori.

I drink between 1 and 2 gallons of water per day.

Yes, it gets better, your body does adjust.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I make sure that I get 64 in and usually I drink way more than that. Today was 80 & that was without a workout. I have found that I tend to miss it when I don't drink it.

I don't drink anything else these days either, unless I add Crystal Light to my water.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    *double post*
  • amyslay
    amyslay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been working my way up to 64 oz, I find drinking from a straw helps me
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have 24 oz. water bottles at home and work. I know that if I drink three of those total per day, I've got 72 oz. or 9 glasses. If I don't keep up with my water, not only am I thirsty, but I just don't feel right. :sick: Yes, your body adjusts, so you are not spending every 5 minutes in the bathroom! :laugh:
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think ive been living as a dehydrated human for years...

i've also recently read that you are drink half your body weight in water. I've been doing this for about a week now and i feel great. highly suggested!!!!